GF3 MCG Pro-En Twist Stopped Working

Moderator: AdminGroup

mitth_raw_nuruodo

GF3 MCG Pro-En Twist Stopped Working

Postby mitth_raw_nuruodo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:33

Aliexpress order id: 8117351604645875

It was working fine for a month. Suddenly today it has stopped working. I had switched slider and z axes in in the profile section in the VKB config software, and then was testing it. It tested fine for a couple of seconds, but then it suddenly stopped working in the middle of testing.

No hardware changes were made recently.
The stick is still detected both by the config software, and windows. But none of the button or axis inputs are detected.
Recalibrating did not work, since the axis inputs are not detected during recalibration as well.
I have tried "restart". "default" in the config software. I have tried flashing the device using bootloader. All those processes completed without errors. But they did not solve the problem. Inputs are still not detected.
I have tried restarting the computer. I have tried plugging into another USB port. No improvement.
In external devices, both the base and the grip are showing communication error.
2020-09-30 (1).png

mitth_raw_nuruodo

Re: GF3 MCG Pro-En Twist Stopped Working

Postby mitth_raw_nuruodo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07

Resolved, after trying this. :o

But I need to say though, I am surprised how this could happen. My joystick is kept under a dust cover whenever it is not in use, on top of the dust cover on the base etc. And its just been a month. Will I need to do this every month? Perhaps you guys could provide some long term solution to prevent this. Thank you.

Ron61

Re: GF3 MCG Pro-En Twist Stopped Working

Postby Ron61 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:43

Most likely the problem is not where you think it is. After clearing the contact group, you could only resolve the issue with the grip.
But your base was not visible either.
Therefore, it is the cable between the BB and the base that is a possible cause. If this problem recurs (which is possible), first try to reconnect this cable.

Return to “Technical Support”