Setting a profile as default in VKBDevConfig - And Blackbox

Moderator: AdminGroup

sarum4n

Setting a profile as default in VKBDevConfig - And Blackbox

Postby sarum4n » Mon Sep 28, 2020 13:03

On last Friday I received my GF III with SCG Premium grip and so far I'm really very happy with the product.

After successfully flashing firmware, I began changing some settings in the default profile by using VKBDevConfig. set them to the stick and saved them in a file. The new settings worked good.

Now, first question: every time I boot the PC and I run VKBDevConfig, I notice that the stick runs the default profile and, to set my custom profile, I have to load it from the file first. Is there any way to make the stick retain my custom profile between Windows sessions without loading it every time from file and manually setting it?

Second question: when Windows boots, my Blackbox turns on two led lights: one blue and one green. But when I load my custom profile, only the blue led on Blackbox stays lit, while the green one turns off. Nonetheless, the joystick works perfectly. So, is the green light on Blackbox turning off only an aesthetic thing or am I missing something?

Victorus

Re: Setting a profile as default in VKBDevConfig - And Blackbox

Postby Victorus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 14:31

1. Have you pressed Set button? As I know once loaded profile after it stays as default.
2. About LEDs. They all are customizable. May be you have changed some settings, affected indication. Please show screenshot of External - LEDs tab.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

sarum4n

Postby sarum4n » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:32

1. Right, it stayed loaded when I turned on PC tonight. I would have bet otherwise earlier, but I might have been wrong.

2. About the green led on the right of the blackbox turning off with my profile, here it is a photo...

2020-09-29_002510.jpg

...and here it is a screenshot of the led section in VBKDevConfig (is this the one you wanted to see?).

vkb_led.jpg

Thanks for your time and feedback.

P.S.: GF really changed my flight sim experience (I had been using an X52 for 8 years :P).

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:02

Check out this topic. Do not forget that the firmware and configurator versions match - the very first line of the configurator (in brackets) contains the recommended firmware version for correct operation.
Use "Search" - these questions have been dealt with many times.

sarum4n

Postby sarum4n » Tue Sep 29, 2020 22:13

Ok, thanks, after reading other posts on the forum, I solved like this:
1) I installed the VKBDevConfig on your website (earlier version than the one I had);
2) I flashed again the joystick;
3) I pressed "Default" in VKBDevConfig;
4) I loaded my profile.

Now I've one blue led and one green lit on my BlackBox, as intended to be :)

Return to “Technical Support”