NXT Mounting Screws

Moderator: AdminGroup

Enano

NXT Mounting Screws

Postby Enano » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20

Hello,
I just got my Gladiator NXT. The 3 mounting screws to attach the stick to the base do not have any sort of grip. I'm guessing there is an issue with the size of screw to the hole. One pushed halfway into the hole without resistance, the other two would screw in but I could not even get them finger tight. I never met resistance while screwing them in so it is not a case of over tightening, they simply would not tighten. I'm pretty sure the stick would pull off of the base without any effort but would rather not strip what little grip that they have. I think picking it up by the stick would definitely strip them out. I would appreciate some help on this. I think the only thing I could do on my own would be to fill the holes with epoxy or something similar to provide something for the screw to cut into or grab some larger screws. Would rather not do this on a brand new item. I know this isn't the highest end stick but these probably should have been machine screws with inserts instead of self tap, especially on a platform where the sticks can be changed.

fallout9

Re: NXT Mounting Screws

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:50

Before making any radical changes like using epoxy or glue, take the grip out and try to screw the bolts in - if they're screwing in everything is fine, just press a bit harder on the grip to make contact properly with the plastic ring at the bottom (mind the wires and use common sense when pressing).

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:22

please show the photos of the screws

Enano

Postby Enano » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:29

Confirmed that the grip was not fully seated. I don't think I applied enough pressure on the stick while tightening so the first screw pushed the stick out instead of biting into it. Can close / delete the thread or leave it here for others. And thanks fallout that is what I wound up doing and realized the screws and holes were fine. Improper seating on my part.

Thanks

dusterbuster

Postby dusterbuster » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05

I'm glad I found this post! I was experiencing the same issue with the 3 screws not getting tight when fixing the grip to the base. After reading this post, I removed the screws and tried seating the grip more firmly into the base, and that did the trick. Thank you!

ppbob

Postby ppbob » Wed Jun 14, 2023 0:15

I was pushing on it full power while screwing it in, and it still wasnt tightening. can someone help me?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:19

Please post a picture of the screws you're trying to use, to make sure they're the right ones.
Also, hopefully you used the sleeve so the wires won't get caught between grip and base during installation.

Return to “Technical Support”