T Rudders MkIV Not Working (IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles)

Moderator: AdminGroup

1sttomars

T Rudders MkIV Not Working (IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles)

Postby 1sttomars » Wed Sep 16, 2020 22:05

Dear VKB,

I am just configuring my T Rudders but have been unable to get them to function in IL-2 Great Battles. I set up the rudders with ease and plugged them into my computer. I heard a confirmation sound that they were detected by the computer.

Yet, I was unable to assign them in the IL-2 Menu to the Yaw configuration. As a result, I went online and downloaded the firmware from https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=4609. There I downloaded the VKB Device Firmware 1_99_A(2) (as my rudders had a black casing), as well as the VKBDevCfg (v0.91.3.7) and the bootloader. Within the Device Firmware there were two files labelled T Rudder. I tried flashing with both but the issue was not resolved. Moreover, the "test" portion of the configuration loader didn't show any movement on the axis.

Please assist

fallout9

Re: T Rudders MkIV Not Working (IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles)

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 22:20

You have to calibrate the pedals before using them in game. Open VKBDevCfg, press the Default button under Action tab, then go the Test tab/ Axes and hit the Start Calibr button. Press left and right on the pedals slowly, a few times. When done press the End Calibr button and you could proceed to bind them in game.

1sttomars

Re: T Rudders MkIV Not Working (IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles)

Postby 1sttomars » Thu Sep 17, 2020 20:00

Thank you Fallout9, your post resolved my issue.

Return to “Technical Support”