New Gladiator NXT - Wizzo Can't See Stick

Moderator: AdminGroup

JPVann

New Gladiator NXT - Wizzo Can't See Stick

Postby JPVann » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:57

Hi - Just got my stick and the VKBDevCfg is not what I need right now. Looking to setup the stick to use but Wizzo is saying it has to close because it cannot find a device. Read a comment that there is a newer version of Wizzo that recognizes the NXT?

Also - are there any resources for pre-built VKBDevCfg files that I can start with right out of the box? Didn't realize I had to essentially program the entire stick. Thanks!

fallout9

Re: New Gladiator NXT - Wizzo Can't See Stick

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:24

Wizzo is a super basic configurator; you can't do more than calibrating, setting a dead zone and inverting an axis. Maybe it would be easier to get assistance if you'd just say exactly what you are trying to achieve.
Also, what do you mean by 'program the entire stick'? The joystick doesn't need anything else other than a calibration, which could be done without installing any software.

JPVann

Postby JPVann » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:25

Thanks fallout - that was a poorly phrased and rushed post. I got the stick and got sucked into VKBDevCfg - I think I spaced out for a bit.

So after doing more reading I am more informed and in process of mapping my bindings to game controls. Quick questions:

1. Proper/best way to setup pinky switch or other button to use as mode switch in order to double available commands. I assume I do that in DevCfg?
2. Are there resources for Kosmosima or other stick I could see other pilot's mapping?
3. NXT has 3 buttons on base F1, F2, F3 - is there a common usage for them?

Thanks in advance.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:19

Hi again :)
Best way to find your way through the software is to check the manual and ask questions here, on the forum. There is also a series of video guides about the software; only a couple of videos in there for now, but more to come. Actually the next one is covering your request about the mode switch; the function is called Shift in the software and the video will be available in a few days.
Mapping the buttons in games in pretty personal and whatever works for one might not work for another; best bet to get something like this would be either the Hotas Discord or each game's official forums.

Return to “Technical Support”