Gladiator NXT messing with my screen saver

Moderator: AdminGroup

Blinkin

Gladiator NXT messing with my screen saver

Postby Blinkin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 19:51

Hi, I've noticed that while my stick is plugged in my screen saver/screen lock won't activate. Is there a way to fix this, or to power the stick off, other than having to unplug the stick after use?

Thanks.

Ron61

Re: Gladiator NXT messing with my screen saver

Postby Ron61 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 21:48

In the power supply settings in the system, if there is a "Quick Start" action of the power buttons in the settings, you should uncheck this checkbox. True, not all Windows versions have this.

GalaxyDrifter

Postby GalaxyDrifter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 18:39

Did you ever get this resolved?

I had my Gladiator NXT installed for over a week and did not have this problem with sleep mode.

But after a Windows update yesterday, now my computer will not shut off the display or enter sleep mode with the NXT plugged in. As soon as I unplug it, everything works fine.

Killa

Postby Killa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00

I remember years ago there was a network driver on a xp machine I had that got updated and it would not go to sleep on it's own until I found a setting to enable power saving features or something similar to that phrase in the driver settings. Not sure if theres anything similar to that in the joystick drivers as I've just ordered a gladiator.

Blinkin

Postby Blinkin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 19:02

Thanks for the responses :) I ended up just getting a little usb hub with power switches for each usb port, which seems to work pretty well. I will look into your suggestions too when I get a chance.

kutyafal

Postby kutyafal » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:43

Hello, I know it's an older thread but I just encountered the same issue. Screen saver or screen lock doesn't activate if the joystick is plugged in. As I see it it has to be a Windows problem. I tested the same computer with a bootable live Linux and it works properly with the joystick plugged in. However my fresh Windows 10 installation and this joystick together don't allow screen turning off or locking. It would be nice to hear back from the devs if there are any settings that can be adjusted as it is very annoying to have to unplug the joystick every time I leave the computer.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 19:46

Please check this very long thread about it, with various solutions.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Oct 17, 2021 0:24

Interesting I think this has just started happening to me; I didn't put it together with the sticks because I've had them forever, but I did notice lately when I go away and come back (not gaming, just computer sitting idle with a browser or MS Office window of some sort open) my screensaver hasn't been engaged. It's only fairly recently too.

I did also just update Lively Wallpaper though, so possible that might alternatively be involved, it interacted with screensaver settings as well since you can set a 'still' of the live wallpaper as the lock screen and such. (I use that to play background movies on all 3 of my screens, rotating image of Jupiter in space on my main monitor, behind Rainmeter, captured from SpaceEngine, and on the 2 small monitors inside my HAL-9000 case they're playing movies of all the 'HAL is thinking' graphics from 2001: Space Odyssey when not gaming, and showing basic CPU / GPU stat screens when gaming.)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Krystof

Postby Krystof » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:45

I have the same problem with Windows 11 (OK, internally mostly a Windows 10 with a downgraded GUI). Because the T-Rudder has only one axis I did some tests with it, but the center is rockstable at digital 32767 and not moving without a manual input. Even if I increase the deadzones to 10%, or decrease the resolution to 8 bits, the screensaver still doesn't activate with a plugged-in rudder or joystick. I have the same problem with an old Microsoft Sidewinder on the PC, but the new Razer Huntsman V2 analog-Joystick doesn't interfere with the screensaver. Has anybody an idea how the Joystick keeps the PC from sleeping? I don't think that "noise" of an axis is the problem...

rbuljo

Postby rbuljo » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:01

I had the same problem with my old X-55 hotas, and now with both NXT Gladiators and a NXT FSM-GA.
i think it is something about the USBs keeping windows awake.. very annoying
still cant find a solution

DimSim

Postby DimSim » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:59

fallout9 wrote:Please check this very long thread about it, with various solutions.

@fallout9 Can you please raise this issue with the driver devs?
Virpil recently made a driver fix to address this very issue. They added a sleep option which stops sending USB signals after a configurable time, and I can confirm this issue no long effects their devices.
The issue persists with my VKB T-Rudder pedals. I just tried the latest VKB firmware, which did not help.
The answers at Microsoft link you provided has a long discussion with no real solution. The only work around is to disable or unplug the device, which is not a practical solution.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:17

Perhaps the point is not in joystick, but in the system.
After the accumulative update is released for Windows 11 of the 22H2 version (KB5022360), the screen began to go out in accordance with the setting, which was not before with the joyful joystick. My sleep mode is disconnected, so I can't check it.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 21:20

DimSim wrote:@fallout9 Can you please raise this issue with the driver devs?

It is already implemented in the last beta software, you could get it from here (firmware V2_12_D and software V0_92_74) - check the box W10S on the Global/Common panel. But again, it heavily depends on your USB settings, if they're not properly set up then the computer won't go to sleep.

DimSim

Postby DimSim » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:57

Thank you, and the driver crew!
I have downloaded and updated my firmware but could not locate the W10S check box.
This is what I see on Global->Common panel (please see attached file). Am I missing something?
Attachments
vkb_device_config1.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 21:17

Click the Default button under Tools tab, any change?

Return to “Technical Support”