New Gunfighter Mk. 3 base and SCG: Twist axis and grip not recognized

Moderator: AdminGroup

Seyo

New Gunfighter Mk. 3 base and SCG: Twist axis and grip not recognized

Postby Seyo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42

Hello!

I got my Gunfighter Mk. 3 base and Premium SCG (R) grip today. I was following along with the VKB software tutorial for the stick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCajFZ9 ... e=youtu.be) but when it came to the calibration step I found that neither the twist axis nor the grip hat axes showed any input besides the default values (32767). I.e. only the base's X and Y axes are recognized.

The Black Box (Mk. 2) is showing the blue power light on the left side, but on the right side the middle light is flashing red. The green light on the Gunfighter Mk. 3 base is on, but the light on the SCG grip is not. Required info below:

1. Device model and version: Gunfighter Mk. 3 base, & SCG Premium (R) grip. Black Box Mk. 2 (the black one).
2. Controller firmware version: _BlackBox_MK2_GF_SCG_v1_99_A
3. Number and type of springs used: Default. I have not touched them.
4. Type of cams used: Same as above, default.
5. VKB software versions:
VKBDevCfg-C: v0.91.3.7
ZBootloader-C: v1.18
6. VKBJoyTester screenshot attached
7. VKBDevCfg-c screenshot attached

I wonder, since the grip does not seem to be recognized at all, is it possible that I have installed it wrong? Does it need to be "pushed" into the base or something? I just let it fall in place, being careful not to use any force. Especially since the included manual was very insistent on "not being an idiot" and brute-forcing things :) Thanks in advance for any help, cheers
Attachments
VKBDeviceConfigScreenshot.png
Note default value of 32767 on the bottom four axes
VKBJoyTesterScreenshot.png
Note only two axes registered, the X and Y axis from the base

fallout9

Re: New Gunfighter Mk. 3 base and SCG: Twist axis and grip not recognized

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:53

Surely the grip is not properly seated on the base. Please check this guide on how to fit the grip (doesn't matter that there's a different base, it's the same connector).

Seyo

Postby Seyo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:36

Thank you, that video was very helpful. Following the video and re-seating the stick properly solved the issue. Feel free to delete the thread if you want, apologies for taking up your time.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:10

Glad you've got it running! No worries, just ask any questions you might have, this is the scope of this forum.

Return to “Technical Support”