MCG Pro w/twist hole too large

Moderator: AdminGroup

ThrakazogZ

MCG Pro w/twist hole too large

Postby ThrakazogZ » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:21

Hello. I've already put in a ticket, but don't expect a response until after the weekend. Thought I would post here, to see get some feedback.

I just picked up the MCG Pro w/twist and an SCG.

The SCG seems fine assembly wise, but the hole for the metal nub on the base isn't a hole.

It's more of a long slit (or 2 holes drilled so close together, nothing separates them). The result is, when twisting, the stick moves the length of the slit before actuating the actual twist axis.

I'm assuming it's a manufacturing error, as the SCG has a proper hole. Has anyone else experienced this?

fallout9

Re: MCG Pro w/twist hole too large

Postby fallout9 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:01

The MCG Pro was specifically designed like that so it would permit an offset mount on the base or extension. You're supposed to sit it on the base at the desired angle and after that tighten the locking mechanism. If the whole grip moves when you twist then it's not properly attached to the base and this could create big problems soon.
Please see this video about properly installing a grip on a base; video is about a Kosmosima grip on a Gladiator base, but it's the same principle applied to MCG grip on GunFighter base.

ThrakazogZ

Postby ThrakazogZ » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:20

Thank you for the response. I was quite careful when I mounted both sticks to their base, so I thought I had gotten it right.

As these are my very first VKB products, I assumed the widened hole was a mistake, since the other stick had a normal hole.

I carefully remounted the stick to the base as per your instructions (as seen in the video), and the twist axis is mechanically operating as normal now.

One of the clamps must have been oriented wrong when I first mounted it.

Thank you for helping me fix the problem. I was afraid I would have to pause my sim build waiting for replacement parts.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:42

No worries, it was a good thing that you asked about the issue instead of using the device like that.
Have fun now and don't hold back any further questions you might have!

Return to “Technical Support”