Kosmosima Gladiator K issues

Moderator: AdminGroup

Greenben

Kosmosima Gladiator K issues

Postby Greenben » Wed Aug 05, 2020 0:47

Hello,

I ordered 2 SCG gladiator K premium joysticks and I have 2 questions issues:

1. This one is minor, on the opening of the joysticks I found that the left stick has a very sharp angle on the edge part under the red button, the right side has a curved/soft end on that edge. is this normal or the left stick has a production defect?

2. My right stick stopped working mid-game. Suddenly the base was flashing red. Using the software it said it required calibration. I tried but it does not register the Z-axis anymore. I tried everything with the software to reset, default, parking, unplug replug, reboot etc nothing.

I have raised two tickets anyway with VKB, but I wanted to know if
- 1 is this normal that the left stick is not identical to the right stick?
- 2 is there anything else to try?

Just got the sticks 10 days ago a bit gutted :/

I hope VKB has good customer care and support.

Many thanks for the help,
Gb

fallout9

Re: Kosmosima Gladiator K issues

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42

It’s not a defect, just that the second grip is an upgraded version with some improvements over the previous models.

Red LED flashing means most probably that there’s no contact between grip and base. Take the grip out and install it properly following this guide. Press down on the grip gently when tightening the locking fastener and don’t overtighten as it might interfere with twisting.

Greenben

Re: Kosmosima Gladiator K issues

Postby Greenben » Wed Aug 05, 2020 13:09

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Illustration for below comments https://imgur.com/a/zdFRAD0

It's surprising for the sticks. I ordered both in last restock late July. They look the exact same but that different edge around the thumb, smooth on the right, razor-sharp on the left . Other than that very much identical. The left side base cames rattle, and the Y-axis has a wiggle...

I have tried pressing the stick harder on the base as you suggested, no change. I still have the base flashing and the whole stick is not registering anymore in the software (no Z-axis, no buttons). The software is showing the joystick red with 100% error.

I am still under 14 days purchase, so I have raised a ticket for return/refund of both. A bad experience altogether, at this price range I was expecting a real premium experience and I feel I only got disappointment and issues :/ Maybe hard muck and better next time I can reorder new SCG Gladiator K.

Thanks,
Greenben

Return to “Technical Support”