Virtual Brakes Please!

Moderator: AdminGroup

nuts

Virtual Brakes Please!

Postby nuts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 18:27

I did all the steps shown in the earlier post of how to setup virtual Brakes. Joytester shows it behaving as it should, similar to russian planes and the spitfire with the accumulator. In DCS P47, I am not getting differential braking as expected.

I hit set....than depressed my brake assignment, than hit send ......that should be it right?

What, if anything am I missing?

Sokol1

Re: Virtual Brakes Please!

Postby Sokol1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 18:46

In DCS P-47 controls you need assign the virtal axes created for T-Rudder for "Wheel brake left"and "Wheel brake right".

I have not tested with P-47, but for me T-Link brakes work OK for P-51, Bf 109 and Fw 190 "toe brakes".

nuts

T Rudders not active anymore

Postby nuts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 21:22

I tried to figure out this Brake thing and thought maybe I should update firmware. Well I have all the latest config, bootstrapped, etc.....but Rudders are now not even activated .....ugggh this needs a step by step instruction please.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 22:22

Hi nuts! First of all please don't spread around - if you already have a thread opened on rudders don't open a second one on the same matter. I've moved your second post here, please stick to this thread for anything rudders related.
Second, we need more info about your issue: what device do you have? If you have a VKB joystick, how are you trying to use the rudders - with their own Black Box or with the same Black Box with the rudders? Are you on the latest stable version of firmware and software?

nuts

Postby nuts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 15:12

Sokol1 wrote:In DCS P-47 controls you need assign the virtal axes created for T-Rudder for "Wheel brake left"and "Wheel brake right".

I have not tested with P-47, but for me T-Link brakes work OK for P-51, Bf 109 and Fw 190 "toe brakes".

So I take this to mean assign joy_z to wheel brake right and left ...not both wheel brakes which button 5 is currently assigned to. I will try that and see what I get....I will probably figure it out based on that additional tidbit of how to do it. Thanks.

Return to “Technical Support”