Kosmosima Ministick A1 Questions

Moderator: AdminGroup

sixpool

Kosmosima Ministick A1 Questions

Postby sixpool » Sat Jun 27, 2020 13:25

Hello,

I got my Gladiator-K last week and I have questions about the Ministick at the A1 position. What is the idea behind this? Why do I have to activate it first by pressing it? In Star Citizen, I cannot bind anything to the axes if I haven't activated it first. I do not understand the sense behind this.

Also, I have bound the Ministick axes to look around in the cockpit. But if I move the ministick all the way to the left lets say, my ingame character moves his head only a little bit (way too little). This had me wondering if I should increase the sensitivity of the ministick axes. Do you agree, and if yes, could you please explain how this is done in VKBdevcfg?

Thanks in advance. Great Product.

sixpool

fallout9

Re: Kosmosima Ministick A1 Questions

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 19:29

The idea of implementing a ministick with double function was to have more options at hand. It's programmable, so you could set yourself which mode it would start into:
1.JPG

Go to Profile/Buttons/Physical layer and click on the blue uSSw button (1). In the new window deselect the POV mode on start box (2). Close that window (3) and press the Set button (4) to save the changes. Now your joystick will have the main mode axis and secondary as buttons.

Not being able to look around is a game problem, you have to press F when moving the ministick to get the whole range of movement (it's F or Z, can't quite remeber, haven't played SC for a while now). You could assign that ministick to look around your ship in external view for example, that works good; looking around in cockpit... not so great.

sixpool

Postby sixpool » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:42

ah, so one mode is for looking around and the other one recognizes a button press if I move the stick all the way up for example?

you were right about the ingame problem. I had to activate Freelook with z/y :)

dasein

Postby dasein » Sun Jun 28, 2020 16:53

Hello,

I have a couple of follow up questions related to this ministick. A couple days ago I became the proud owner of two gladiator-ks. This is my first time foray into the world of joysticks so I hope you will forgive my ignorance.

I play star citizen. I have the lefthand A1 bound to forward/backwards and left/right (on foot movement). I have the righthand A1 bound to looking up/down and left/right (on foot movement).

While this kinda works, I'm having two issues.

1. the mini-sticks are extremely sensitive. When I try to look around, if I give the ministick anything more than the lightest touch the screen flies all over the place. Can this sensitivity be adjusted? I've not had any luck adjusting this in game.

2. when you push down on the stick too far, it registers a 180. So if I am walking, if I accidently push the stick too far I turn around. Super annoying. When I push the ministick all the way forward and release the log looks like this.

POV #1 = 0.0
POV #1 = 180.0
POV #1 = 0.0
POV #1 Release

Is there a way to adjust this? Is it supposed to do this?

Any insight anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 18:15

Calibrate all axes in the configurator, or without the configurator, as shown here.

dasein

Postby dasein » Sun Jun 28, 2020 20:14

This worked. Thanks!

sixpool

Postby sixpool » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:23

worked perfectly, thanks fallout :)

Return to “Technical Support”