MultiDevice Firmware and TMW adapter

Moderator: AdminGroup

VirusAM

MultiDevice Firmware and TMW adapter

Postby VirusAM » Fri Jun 26, 2020 15:08

Good morning I just received my TMW adapter.
Previously I used Multidevice NG firmware with the MCG Pro, F14 and Kg-12 grips.
As i like to switch grip for different situations i really like the multidevice firmware where i just need to change the grip and re-plug the device, but with the TMW grip i have the same issue that i have with the kg-12 grip (described here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4298&p=40359#p40359).
So if I change the profile to include the TMW adapter (instead of the Space grip which I don't have or the MCG Pro which i won't use anymore) I see the device still recognized as Modern Combat Pro...the buttons works but with a DX number from 100 going on....So I am doing something wrong or in the NG firmware it is not completely implemented yet?
Thanks

St4rgun

Re: MultiDevice Firmware and TMW adapter

Postby St4rgun » Tue Apr 20, 2021 20:10

Dear Sirs!

I'm having the same problem with my newly purchased GF III (blackbox MK2) with MCG Pro and TMW adapter with F-16 grip.
The grips work perfectly if I flash the appropriate profile for them (_BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_PRO_v2_04_5.vkb and _BlackBox_MK2_GF_TMW_v2_04_5.vkb respectively) but I just can't make them work correctly in multidevice mode.

I tried the following files: _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MULTIDEVICE_v2_04_8 NG.vkb and _NJOY32_v2_04_8 NG.vkb in the same folder including the fresh VKBDevCfg-C.exe.
All the files came from here: http://alex-oz.strana.de

The symptoms are the same as for VirusAM: upon turning on the GF and VKBDevCfg there are several seconds pause (it seems like the default timeout time) and after that the device listed as default MCG Pro device no matter if I change the grip to the TMW adapter-based F-16 grip. I checked out the external devices but it does not list the TMW adapter at all.
If I try to change one of the device types to TMW adapter it produces 100% error rate in communication (does not work at all).

I'd like to know if the NG beta multidevice firmware supports the TMW adapter already or it's a waste of time to experiment with it right now.

Thanks!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 17:09

Unfortunately at this time the TMW is not recognized by the NG version.

St4rgun

Postby St4rgun » Wed Apr 21, 2021 18:58

Thanks for the info.

Is there any opportunity to have the the TMW adapter supported in NG in the near future (next months, maybe)?
Until then if I have to always re-flash the blackbox upon each grip change is there any limit on the number of flashes, or is it safe to do unlimited times?

Return to “Technical Support”