Gunfighter X-Axis faulty?

Moderator: AdminGroup

kosta

Gunfighter X-Axis faulty?

Postby kosta » Mon Jun 22, 2020 23:09

Hello,

recently my Gunfighter started having problems with X-Axis. At first it was only occasionally, but now it's a constant state:
The axis moves erratically, like if I move the joystick to the left or right, slowly, it will start jumping left and right from the correct position. Sometimes it will even jump to the completely opposite side. Like joystick on the right, Test-Cursor in the VKBdevcfg on the left.
I already updated the Blackbox to the latest firmware (_BlackBox_GF_SCG_v1_99_6.vkb) with the latest VKBDevCfg-C_v0.91.30. I have the orange box.
I also reset the box, loaded the default config, calibrated it and tested again. Same problem.
I bought the Gunfighter on 29th Mai 2017, which is now out of warranty, conveniently.

Is this a software problem, fixable, or is my joystick really dead?

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter X-Axis faulty?

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:25

Check this post with the similar issue: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4350
TLDR: clean up the 3 contact pads on the base/grip with a bit of alcohol; disconnect all the connectors inside the base and plug them back; check the wires inside the base; check to see if there's any metal shard attached to sensor's magnet; plug in the base and move the wires inside of the case to see if you could replicate the issue.

Return to “Technical Support”