Issues with Gladiator-K

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pokerbrokr

Issues with Gladiator-K

Postby Pokerbrokr » Mon Jun 15, 2020 22:18

I just received my Gladiator-K today and the mode function isn't working and my the game is not recognizing base buttons. I bought this game to fly on Battlefield V. I have used the original Gladiator MkII (non pro) and all the base buttons worked fine with the game. I bought this one so I could have more buttons on the stick. Anyway, with this new Gladiator-K none of the base buttons are recognized by the game. Do I need to use a different firmware or what. I basically just wanted the old Gladiator with a new grip.

fallout9

Re: Issues with Gladiator-K

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:56

Let's take it step by step:
- the Mode button: this was needed on the original Gladiators MKI and MKII because of the limited number of buttons on the grip. For Gladiator K it's been considered that there are plenty of buttons on the grips plus base so duplicating them isn't necessary any more; hence the Mode button just acts like a regular button on the new Gladiator K. If you want the Mode button to act like in the original Gladiator you could program it through VKBDevCfg; actually you could preogram any button on your device as Mode button. If you need help with that let me know and I'll upload a profile.
- I'm not familiar with Battlefield 5, but it's been known as a pretty unstable game with joysticks; lots of people complaining they can't use their sticks in game. But if you're saying the grip buttons work and base buttons won't work and considering the buttons on the Gladiator K grip are up to 32 and the base buttons are 33 and up it might mean that the game is simply not optimized for Windows' capabilities to recognize 128 buttons per device and sees only 32 (same like Elite: Dangerous). There's a fix in the software for that, please do as in the image below and after that try to rebind in game.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 17:21

Fallout9,

I am curious, this config create another "virtual joystick" with 32 buttons?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 17:36

It creates 1 virtual device with 32 buttons and another one with the rest of the buttons over 32, up to 32. If you have let's say 50 buttons programmed on your grip and want to play a game that allows only 32 buttons per device then this is how to trick the game, by setting the max button to 32 (1.) and 2 virtual controllers (2.) on device (that would be 0 and 1, first with 32 buttons, second with the rest of 18 buttons). If you have programmed 70 buttons on your joystick then you'll have to set up the max button to 32 and 3 virtual controllers (32 butt + 32 butt + 6 butt).
For other games like Il-2, where the max button number allowed per device you should set the #Butt to 64.

samsamm777

Postby samsamm777 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 22:36

I had this same issue too. This was very helpful. :mrgreen:

Return to “Technical Support”