Ministick to Hat Switch

Moderator: AdminGroup

Localmax

Ministick to Hat Switch

Postby Localmax » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:54

HI Guys,

I'm sure this the easiest thing in the world, but I'm just not seeing what to do here.

I've got a Gunfighter III with MCG, and have spend the last week mucking around with it.

If I could just map that left hand ministik to a 4- or 8- way hate, I would be grateful.
thanks!

fallout9

Re: Ministick to Hat Switch

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:54

The MCG grip has 2 ministicks, the Gate Cont and Master Mode; Master Mode is already programmed as a POV, so I guess you're referring to the Gate Cont?
If that's the case do this:
- open VKBDevCfg and make sure you're calibrated before this procedure; also that POV# is 2 in Global/Common;
- go to Profile tab, then Buttons tab (1 in the first picture);
- check the poll box (2);
- click on the center button of your ministick, a red light will flash on the screen (3), click on that button;
- in the new box set that button as uStick Switch (4);
- set it as POV 2 (5);
- make it switcheable by Tempo (6);
- if you want your joystick to start with that ministick as hat check that box (7); if you want to start as axes leave it unchecked)
- now go to the POVs tab and set the second POV as in picture.
- at the end hit the Set button (3 in second picture).
1.JPG

2.JPG

Localmax

Postby Localmax » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:46

Thanks very much, that did the trick! Love the stick (and pedals)

pablete

Postby pablete » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:02

Hello,
Can you give me some examples of cases where the axes mode should be in relative mode and cases where it should be in absolute mode? I don't know what state to leave them in ...

Thank you

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:27

If the ministick's axes are in absolute mode they would return to center when you release the ministick. If they are in relative mode they would keep latest highest position before releasing the ministick. Relative axes speed could be adjusted. It's very useful for setting it up as view around the cockpit or around the ship/plane.

pablete

Postby pablete » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:31

Thanks for the information, it was clear to me!

WWCraven

Postby WWCraven » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:29

Add my thanks for this how to, finally have the Gate Cont working as a POV.

KPX

Postby KPX » Sat Jan 23, 2021 13:51

Hello,
Trying to apply this procedure with the MGC Pro Ultimate but failed. I always a red cross drawing and the message POV is not enabled.

What can I do:
- to transform the GATE CONT to a POV
- if possible, to keep the button (#32 on my grip middle press on gate cont) so that I can assign it in game ?

OK found the problem. I forgot to declare the quantity (2) of POVs in global tab. Now it is working.

Have fun

Iztok

Postby Iztok » Sun Sep 26, 2021 23:28

Hello,
I have serched for a solution on the WEB and found this instructions for the second POV settings. After messing around for half a day this toppic helped me. Many thanks :D @fallout9 I have some more questions if you dont mind?
1. It was mentioned that the axes can be configured as absolute or relative. Where would that be, cant find this setting anywhere!
2.I cant figer out how the pull down leaver & trigger combo works on the MCG. Lik it came programmed from the OEM if I pull it down the buutton 24 stays active all the time and when activating the trigger the button 3 switches on for the duration of applying it. When I push the leaver up the button 24 deactivates.
Can I program it as a guns ON/OFF switch and trigger combo for the KA-50? I would like that the guns HUD mode activates when the trigger is pulled down and guns will fire after second stage is applyed and the guns HUD mod switceh off again when the leaver is pusehd upwards again. This doesnt worh with current settings sice the same button must be activated when pulling down and pushing bact the leaver.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 0:01

Hi! You could change the axes from Absolute to Relative in Profile/Axes/Logical Axes, the Mode column. Don't forget to click the Set button to save the changes and recalibrate those axes afterwards.
About reprogramming the folding trigger, I don't have too much experience with the Black Shark, but see if setting that button on Pulse won't fix your issue.
You could also find some more details about programming the folding trigger and the other axes and ministicks on the MCG Pro and U here.

Iztok

Postby Iztok » Mon Sep 27, 2021 16:45

Hi,
Thanks, now I understand the folding triger concept. Its an axis with virtual buttons. That will work for KA 50 gun. The gun on KA 50 has the sam cocept as the F 15 C in flaming clifs 3. Fist you must switch it on like presing a key on keboard. For example key C, then you can actualy fire the gun. Then you pres C again for switching off since you can not use other weapons until they are active. I will simply program two buttons for the same action in DCS, one goes active in the lower position, the other in its upper position of the folding triger. The configurator programm makes the MCG Pro very versatile. Cant wait for the throttle quadrant :D

Iztok

Postby Iztok » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:27

Hi,
I have tested the virtual button functions on the folding trigger. I have enabled "safe" and "armed" buttons 28 and 25. The buttons become interchangable active when the folding trigger is being pulled dawn but the ON status is permanent until the folding trigger is in the same position. Works as expected. But when I check the pulse box option the DCS client doesnt register them anymore. I have also tested this option with Devcfg button tester and the LEDs dont indicate any button ON status, not even for a short moment. The MCG is calibrated and I have included the folding trigger axis in the calibration proces. For some reason this axis is not represented, I dont get any indication for movement. Is the pulse box option buggy or did I missunderstand it? And why I dont see the movement of the folding trigger axis?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:50

Take a look at this topic, so everything has already been explained.

Iztok

Postby Iztok » Wed Sep 29, 2021 15:05

Thanks Ron61,
could be the same problem. Will try to strart the blackbox with trigger in armed pisition.

Return to “Technical Support”