Shift0,1,2 modifier

Moderator: AdminGroup

nneeee

Shift0,1,2 modifier

Postby nneeee » Sun May 24, 2020 8:25

I'm trying to create different layouts using the shift modifier, however it's not really working as intended. There are 3 modifier states (Shift0, 1, 2), but my modified button will work in Shift1 & 2. How do I create separate logical buttons on SHift1 and a different set on Shift2?

I have the Shift button set up cycling the different states.

Shift button.PNG

This is one of my modified buttons.

modified button.PNG

In Shift1 & 2, the modified button will press 32.

I can't really see any option to select Shift1 and Shift2. I tried playing around with use Shift1 checkbox, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks in advance

nneeee

Re: Shift0,1,2 modifier

Postby nneeee » Sun May 24, 2020 16:45

Ok, I worked it out.

I don't know what I was doing before, but it's super simple. Just mark the checkboxes use Shift1,2 and assign button.

:)

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon May 25, 2020 10:29

I guess I know what you'have done. in your example shifted button was assigned as BX. That is for other shifting type (Subshifts). Buttons for Shifts 0, 1, 2 must be simple buttons. Look here https://yadi.sk/i/emoZcmpw7Kyo9w for details.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

nneeee

Postby nneeee » Mon May 25, 2020 10:38

Yep - I worked that out.

I've been reading through the guide. It is slowly making some sense to me. Also - alot of trial and error :lol:

grinder

Postby grinder » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:06

neeeee to help me understand, could you post a screen shot you working shift button arrangement?

Does the shift work by pressing and releasing the shift button and it steps through the different shift modes? In your example when your press button 13 does it output button 13 when in shift 1 more and button 32 I shift 2 mode ?

nneeee

Postby nneeee » Mon Jun 01, 2020 13:02

Sure. This one is pretty straight forward and I'm always looking to see what cool stuff people do.
Most of the VKB PDF guide I struggle to make sense of - I wish it was better written with examples :lol:

This is what I've done for my SCG-L.

This is the Red button on my SCG-L (highlighted in the red square)
SCG-L.PNG

I set it up as the shift modifier button. Shift1 Alternate means it alternates between Shift0 and Shift1 modes when I press it. Track as button means it also presses the button 3 each time I press it. By default the stick is in Shift0.
SCG-L 2.PNG

The button in the green square is the button on the side of the SCG-L.
SCG-L 3.PNG

Here, this button works as button 4 in Shift0 mode. In Shift1, it will press button 40 instead.

TBH, I don't know what I was doing in my earlier screenshots in this thread. I was looking at some old forum post trying to make sense of it. The mode button did work, but the "shifted" secondary button would work in both Shift1 and Shift2, which was not my intent. With the screenshots above, you can set a different button to Shift1 and Shift2 modes just by ticking the appropriate box. If you change your shift modifier button to Cyclic - it will cycle through all the modes. If you set it as Momentary - it will only be in the "shifted" state when you hold it down

Hope that helps :)

grinder

Postby grinder » Tue Jun 02, 2020 14:09

nneeee,

Thanks. Your explanation was excellent. I've struggled with the manuals and have found the best way to get the most out of the software is to follow other (smarter) peoples Q&A here on the forum. I'm not sure how I could use the shift feature in DCS (my primary game), but I now have a clear understanding of how to implement it.

Thanks

Return to “Technical Support”