Weak signal

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eetsjone

Weak signal

Postby Eetsjone » Thu Apr 02, 2020 17:59

Hello,

I have a question about the signal strength that is shown in VKBDevCfg-C external devices.
Today I tried to configure the new stick and noticed a strange behaviour of the bootloader. It would flash the blackbox but in the end, where it should reset it finished with a "read error : 0" message.

In the external devices screen both the stick and the blackbox only have 1 green light.
Tested without the stick, blackbox only, still the same.

The picture shows the external devices screen and the software/firmware version.
On the blackbox the blue light is on, the green light is not burning.

I already checked all usb and HID settings in Device Manager and made sure that power savings are off. Same for Power Plan settings.
Tried also different usb ports.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Attachments
External devices.JPG

Ron61

Re: Weak signal

Postby Ron61 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 18:13

Well, everything is correct - no errors were found after the firmware, there are 0 of them. The same can be said about the graphic scale - the less bars are lit, the better the connection. That's when it will be about 50%, then it’s worth starting to worry.

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57

Thanks Ron for your explanation. The bar showing the bus connection with less = better is a bit counter intuitive as I thought that more bars lit would mean stronger signal.

I also don't need to worry then about the almost non-visible green light in the black-box. I used to see this as bright as the blue light but it is very weak now.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 19:29

You could check and adjust, if necessary, the LED intensity from the LEDs panel:
Capture.JPG

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45

Hi,

Can you please advice on the VKBDefCfg-C version you use?
In the version I have VKBDevCfg-C_v0_91_1_2 with _BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_98_E.vkb I do not see the screen you are showing.
This how my screen looks:
Attachments
Global - External.JPG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 16:17

Can another person be under your nickname? Or does it just seem to me? In my post it already was.

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Sat Apr 04, 2020 17:25

Hello Ron,

No, nobody else under my name.

After receiving the new stick I wanted to flash to the latest version. Because of the message at the end of the flash in the bootloader I wanted to know if the message 'read error: 0' indicated an error or not.
I could not remember this from previous times.

And I knew for sure that the green light on the blackbox was always on together with the blue light. Not it is almost not visible.

Together they made me wonder if there is something wrong with the signal.

Return to “Technical Support”