Can I have analog ministick always ON and button active?

Moderator: AdminGroup

wasd1983

Can I have analog ministick always ON and button active?

Postby wasd1983 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 23:13

Hi, I'm a very happy owner of a Kosmosima Premium, but I have a problem:

The analog ministick with center push is always OFF (at least everytime I reboot my computer).
If I press the ministick, then it turns on.

I'd love to have it always on, and be able to bind something to the press of the ministick (actuall if I press it, it turns off).

Is it possible?

Thanks
Marco

fallout9

Re: Can I have analog ministick always ON and button active?

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:27

The ministick is not off by default, it's just programmed to work as 2 axes in first stage; second stage, after you press the center, is buttons. The current stage is indicated by the small red LED on the grip: LED off means the axes are active and LED on means that buttons are active.
To get the buttons active in the first stage open VKBDevCfg and do the changes as in the picture below: click on the ministick physical button (the one marked as uSSw). In the new window uncheck the POV mode on start box. Close that window and press Set in the main window to save the changes. Now you have the buttons active by default and axes coming on after you press on the ministick.
r.JPG

If you don't need the axes at all open VKBDevCfg, click on that button (uSSw), pull down the menu as marked in the picture and set that button as Button (picture 1 below). Then go to the POV panel and set that POV as Always active (second picture below). Now you get a HAT with 8 inputs (sides and corners); if you want only 4 inputs (sides) pull down the menu under POV Type and set it up as LoRes4w. Don't forget to hit the Set button at the end so changes would get saved.
r1.JPG

r2.JPG

wasd1983

Postby wasd1983 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:38

Thank you so much. I'll try after work, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Thanks again

wasd1983

Postby wasd1983 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 18:52

fallout9 wrote:If you don't need the axes at all open VKBDevCfg

You've been really helpful, now it boots as I need (axes), my configuration was the opposite of what you shown. It started in button mode and I had to press it everytime to make it axis. Now it boots correct, as I wanted.

But we misunderstood in the second part. You teched me how to do the contrary I wanted. :D my English is too much "spaghetti English" ahahaha (I'm Italian)

I'd love to have the ministick to always act as axis, and if I press it, it simply act as a single button pressing (e.g. button 28) without switching between the two modes. So I'll have one more button if I press the ministick, that should remains in an "always axes" mode

The misunderstanding is that I said button meaning that it should act as only one button if I press It, you meant "button mode".

Is it possible?
Thanks again

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 19:45

Looking back I realized that I actually gave you wrong info stating that the ministick comes with the axes in first stage and buttons in second, when actually is the other way around, sorry about that. Nevertheless, to make the ministick working as axes only go press on the uSSw button; in the new window press on the roll down menu and set that as a Button instead of mSSw (1). Now in the same window click on the button assignment box (2) and set that button as nr. 28 (3). Close that window and click on Set button to save the configuration. Is this what you were looking for?
Attachments
Capture.JPG

wasd1983

Postby wasd1983 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 19:59

Yes, that's exactly what I needed.
No need to say sorry you've been precious. Thanks.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 21:53

It may be worth completely disabling HAT so that the game correctly understands what to process. If you do not turn it off, then both the axis and the HAT will work. You can also set the number # POV=0 in Global.
Hat.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”