VKB-Sim_Gladiator_MkII Joystick interferes with Screensaver

Moderator: AdminGroup

PonyXpress

VKB-Sim_Gladiator_MkII Joystick interferes with Screensaver

Postby PonyXpress » Thu Mar 19, 2020 22:25

I have been trying to figure out why my Windows 10 screensaver would not kick in after the specified amount of time. I've been chasing this problem for over a year. I even installed a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 and removed all devices, except keyboard and mouse. The Screensaver works perfectly every time. One by one I starting adding in my devices, UPS cable, camera, etc and still the screensaver works perfectly. However, when I plug in my VKB-Sim_Gladiator_MkII Joystick, the screensaver will not kick in at all.

For some reason this joystick prevents Windows from activating the screensaver, as it must think there is still movement. I calibrated the joystick and I see no movement in the calibration screen. For example, the dot is in the center and not moving, etc.

I could be a driver issue. Anyone else have this problem?

For now, I have to leave the joystick unplugged, until I want to fly. I'm not happy with this solution.

fallout9

Re: VKB-Sim_Gladiator_MkII Joystick interferes with Screensaver

Postby fallout9 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 23:08

Try this: open Control Panel, go to Power Options, Change plan settings, press Change advanced power settings. USB settings - USB selective suspend setting - set to Disabled.

PonyXpress

Postby PonyXpress » Fri Mar 20, 2020 0:30

Thank you. I had already had done that, as I found instructions when searching the internet for answers. No luck, when the MKII is plugged in, no screensaver.

I just upgraded the firmware and reset to default and re calibrated. I'm testing it now.....

PonyXpress

Postby PonyXpress » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:31

Firmware update did not help.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 0:06

Can the Parking button help you?

Return to “Technical Support”