Setting up T-Rudders Mk.IV

Moderator: AdminGroup

blunt_waco

Setting up T-Rudders Mk.IV

Postby blunt_waco » Tue Mar 10, 2020 19:31

Hi all;
I bought the T-Rudders Mk.IV and realized that it comes with a black box. I also own the Gunfighter Mk MCG PRO that came with an orange box. What are my options here:

1. Use the two boxes separately? I really prefer one USB. However, if two boxes is a better option then I'm fine with two USBs
2. Use one box, which one, black or orange? which one is better?
3. Do I use the same software to calibrate the Rudder?

Thank you.

fallout9

Re: Setting up T-Rudders Mk.IV

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 21:39

You could use each device with its own Black Box or you could combine them into a single Black Box. Any Black Box would do, but you might want to use the black one as it's the latest version.
See these topics about combining the 2 devices in a single Black Box:
- viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4045
- viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3570#p35007

mmcmah

Postby mmcmah » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:10

As I understand it, the advantage of using two separate BlackBoxes (I am in the same situation, as I have a MCG PRO and the T-Rudders) is that you can have all of your axes available to configure, as the 8-axes limitation seems to be per BlackBox.

The downside, though, seems to be the ability to combine the two BlackBoxes' axes together to achieve something more than a simple rudder usage on the BlackBox that is connected to the rudder. Is there a way (without using the T-Link software) to have the rudder BlackBox see a button or axis press/activation on the joystick that is connected to the other BlackBox?

Here is a post that I had made for a non-standard configuration of the rudder and the brake lever, which works as I would like, but which would work even better if there was a way to accomplish the same while using two separate BlackBoxes and therefore having more axes available:-

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4095

blunt_waco

Postby blunt_waco » Mon Mar 16, 2020 16:15

fallout9 wrote:You could use each device with its own Black Box or you could combine them into a single Black Box. Any Black Box would do, but you might want to use the black one as it's the latest version.
See these topics about combining the 2 devices in a single Black Box:
- viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4045
- viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3570#p35007

The Rudder was just delivered this morning.
If I remove the joystick from the orange box and connect to the black one, would the buttons ID on the joystick change? I’m trying to avoid reassignment of joystick buttons to DCS.
Please advise.
Thank you.

blunt_waco

Postby blunt_waco » Mon Mar 16, 2020 16:16

mmcmah wrote:As I understand it, the advantage of using two separate BlackBoxes (I am in the same situation, as I have a MCG PRO and the T-Rudders) is that you can have all of your axes available to configure, as the 8-axes limitation seems to be per BlackBox.

The downside, though, seems to be the ability to combine the two BlackBoxes' axes together to achieve something more than a simple rudder usage on the BlackBox that is connected to the rudder. Is there a way (without using the T-Link software) to have the rudder BlackBox see a button or axis press/activation on the joystick that is connected to the other BlackBox?

Here is a post that I had made for a non-standard configuration of the rudder and the brake lever, which works as I would like, but which would work even better if there was a way to accomplish the same while using two separate BlackBoxes and therefore having more axes available:-

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4095

Thank you for this. For now, I will stick with one box. Should I need to implement your setup, I sure know how to find this post and get more details!

Return to “Technical Support”