tomcat grip odd control loss bug

Moderator: AdminGroup

WelshZeCorgi

tomcat grip odd control loss bug

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Mon Mar 09, 2020 23:26

An odd occurrence is occasionally happening when using the tomcat grip. While playing DCS, everything would be working fine, but suddenly, the buttons on the tomcat grip as well as the switches on my Thrustmaster throttle will stop responding to presses. The axes would still work, but none of the buttons or switches would press or move in-game.

To fix this, I have to bring up Jester menu, close it, then all the buttons and switches work fine again. This occurs around twice per hour of play.

I wouldn't have thought this was a vkb tomcat grip bug or anything like that, but this only seems to happen when the vkb tomcat grip is installed. DCS isn't doing this when the MCG Pro grip is installed.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

fallout9

Re: tomcat grip odd control loss bug

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:20

A difference between the MCG Pro and F-14 is that the F-14's selector buttons are permanently pressed when in position. I haven't tried it in DCS yet, but there's something you should check I think.

WelshZeCorgi

Re: tomcat grip odd control loss bug

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 21:45

I solved the issue, it was a conflict with the thrustmaster's target program whenever a switch or button was pressed that held Ctrl, shift, or alt down.

For some reason that blocks input.

Return to “Technical Support”