z-axis not centering? gf mk3 space pro

Moderator: AdminGroup

heman86

Re: z-axis not centering? gf mk3 space pro

Postby heman86 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 18:13

the problem is to get it out of neutral. the first few mm of movement to the left or right is a bit heavy.
thats why i increased the z axis deadzone a little.

pizmak

Re: z-axis not centering? gf mk3 space pro

Postby pizmak » Tue Feb 25, 2020 20:11

I think the twist should be designed with the intent that hand rests on the stick, no one should be forced to remember to move hand up whenever using the twist, even if it makes the movement easier. That would be a faulty design in my opinion.

@Escapetaxi - regarding your question on Virpil twist - I do not know how it looks inside from a design point of view, but it feels just like the X and Y axis - like a gimbal, but I believe it has smaller deflection angle, meaning it does not require that much of hand twist to move it from min to max. Although I have to say I prefer the VKB's longer travel time on the twist. Regreased VKB is good enough for me for now, I prefer GF3 with Kosmisima over Virpil Warbrd with Deltas. With that said though i have Alphas on the way so will compare with them shortly. Might change my mind then. As for the height, I think Alphas with warbrd should be relatively the same height, but I can let you know for sure once I have mine.

If any of you use a diffferent grease that is available online and you will be happy with the results - please leave a post in this thread, I'd like to try different alternatives in the future. I'm also surprised that it's that hard to get specific information on the greases used by VKB in factory. I mean I've seen posts on this forums indicating to use 'plastic safe lubes' and once I reached out to sales_en VKB support, they juest let me know to buy a 'damping grease which is used for plastic' - but of what properties and viscosity? At least knowing what was used in the factory would help with choosing something similar but less viscous...

I have found out though, from sales_en@vkb-sim.pro that they will 'release another spring for twist with smaller force' - which is a surprise to me. I do not have any issues with the spring strength to be honest, only with the smoothness of the movement which suggest to me, that either some of us are very skinny :P or somewhere down the line, they changed the spring to lighter one in their later batches of twists (or decreased the angle of slope of the plastic groove that the twist sits and moves on).

Return to “Technical Support”