Getting more than eight axes

Moderator: AdminGroup

mmcmah

Getting more than eight axes

Postby mmcmah » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:06

Hello,

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but I was unable to find it.

I have an MCG Pro with Twist function on a new Gunfighter III that I got a few weeks ago. My problem is the following - in my current configuration (until TECS comes out, or until I get a different throttle controller), I am using 7 of my 8 available axes for the usual functions (Roll, Pitch, Yaw, POV, Brake lever) plus one of my ministick axes as throttle. That leaves me with one axis on the ministick available and unused.

I am trying to set up DCS to use the right side of the horizontal ministick axis for right wheel break and the left side of the horizontal ministick axis for left wheel brake. I cannot figure out how to add a ninth axis to the controller (is this a Windows limitation?) or how to assign one side of the axis to the left wheel brake binding in DCS while the other side of the axis is bound to the right wheel brake binding in DCS.

I hope that this is clear. If anyone has a thought, please let me know. I tried to create virtual axes, but I realized that since I am already using up almost all of my eight available axes, that that won't work.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Return to “Technical Support”