Gladiator Mk 2 - change grip rotation angle?

Moderator: AdminGroup

atlau

Gladiator Mk 2 - change grip rotation angle?

Postby atlau » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:29

Hi, new to the forum and new to my Gladiator Mk 2.

Is there a way to change the grip angle from 15 degrees to straight? I find it very uncomfortable with the joystick on the right of my keyboard.

I searched the boards but didn't see anything on that subject. I saw that the standalone KG12 grip is advertised as being able to angle 0-15 degrees.

Thanks ahead of time!

fallout9

Re: Gladiator Mk 2 - change grip rotation angle?

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:31

The Gladiator MKII comes with fixed, non-interchangeable grip, so the angle can't get changed.
It could get upgraded though, with a kit (https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gla ... g-bundle-2), so it would accept external grips, like Kosmosima (https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=scg ... tand-alone) for example. The original KG12 grip would get discarded though after the upgrade.

atlau

Postby atlau » Thu Jan 30, 2020 16:18

Would you recommend just buying the gunfighter 3 SCG instead vs replacing the grip?

Also do you know if it's possible to increase resistance in the pitch/roll axes and reduce it in the yaw by replacing springs?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 18:13

GFIII with SCG is a higher class product, hence more expensive. Compared with the Gladiator, except of the difference in price, comes with swappable metal cams (4 types to choose from) and springs (lots of combinations available to reach the preferred resistance), dry clutches (to reduce oscillations of the grip). So you're gaining a lot, but you're also losing some - the buttons of the Gladiator base and the radial throttle.
And for your second question - I don't know what you consider pitch/roll and yaw. For me, in both Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous, X axis is yaw, Y axis is pitch and the twist is roll. So for my case I can adjust X and Y axes' resistance by adding/taking out springs. With a SCG grip it is not possible to change the resistance of the twist. The only grip that offers this possibility is the MCG/MCG Pro with twist - in this case the grip comes with 2 springs for the twist module: a softer one and a harder one.

Here's a video to understand how cams and springs and dry clutches work in a GF base: https://youtu.be/dc8LZyThYs0

atlau

Postby atlau » Fri Jan 31, 2020 18:52

For me pitch is forward/back on stick, roll is side to side on stick and the yaw is grip.

The disparity in resistance between the 1st two axes and the yaw is throwing me off.

I really wish there was a gunfighter SCG to try out before buying as I'd probably get it if I knew it would meet my criteria. Looks pretty slick

Return to “Technical Support”