UPGRADE from GUNF MKI TO MKIII + MCG Pro Twist adapter OrangeBox not working after plugin the grip.

Moderator: AdminGroup

hazel

UPGRADE from GUNF MKI TO MKIII + MCG Pro Twist adapter OrangeBox not working after plugin the grip.

Postby hazel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:29

REPLACED hardware parts (PCB and case updates) GUNF MKI TO MKIII + MCG Pro Twist/KG12 adapter OrangeBox not working after pluging the grip. All diodes are OFF

ONLY BASE IS WORKING (axes ect.). THE BASE DOESN'T WORK with any type of grip connected.

VKB Device Firmware (v1.98.1)
ZBootloader (v1.18)
_BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_98_1.vkb

After connecting to USB all diodes on Orange BOX are OFF. There are no controller in Windows. ALL DIODES ARE OFF including green one in BASE case and green one on PCB in BASE.

After removing the grip and replugging to USB the diodes on Orange BOX are ON (the Stick diode blinking red). Green diodes in base are ON. But hey there's no grip.

???

I didn't used the black end M3 screw (that part was missing in my order) but I think it isn't necessary and it's only for dry clutch?
(this M3 screw is in 4:08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do6E8971FqY)

EDIT: Just tried connecting the KG12 grip and there is the same issue all diodes on OrangeBox are OFF. The stick does not work with the grip connected. So the Base is generating the problem.

EDIT2: I've connected (black,yellow,red) stick wires without using micro male white connector. I've just plugged each wire individually and precisely to female connector on PCB and all diodes are sill OFF. So maybe the PCB has some malfunction...

fallout9

Re: UPGRADE from GUNF MKI TO MKIII + MCG Pro Twist adapter OrangeBox not working after plugin the grip.

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:53

Are you sure you put the wires back in the connector in the same order as they were originally in your device? Swap black and red.

Ron61

Re: UPGRADE from GUNF MKI TO MKIII + MCG Pro Twist adapter OrangeBox not working after plugin the grip.

Postby Ron61 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:23

Show screenshots from the tab configurator Global-External, Profile-Axes, Test-External Devices. It will be better than any words.

hazel

Postby hazel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:09

fallout9
Yes. The wires are in the same order. I'm sure.

Ron61
Nothing is detected in VKBDevC when the grip is connected.

When running VKBDevCfg-C.exe
When the grip is connected. All diodes are OFF on the OrangeBox.
No device is detected in VBDevCfg-C the window is blank.

When the grip is disconnected. Diodes are ON, stick diode is flashing red.
In VBDevCfg-C the VKB-Sim (Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro v1.981 : HID-complinat game controller) is detected and displayed.
I can do calibration etc. X Y axis are working.

I also noticed the left upper corner of PCB is factory broken (on photo) but this shouldn't be an issue.
Attachments
broken_corner_01.jpg

hazel

Postby hazel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:34

Images with grip disconnected.
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

hazel

Postby hazel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45

Images with grip connected.
Attachments
04_grip_connected.jpg

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 13:51

Swap black with red in this connector. It is necessary to carefully lift the locking tab in the connector with a needle and insert in the desired sequence.
6.jpg

hazel

Postby hazel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 23:45

Thanks Ron61 and fallout9. Swapping wires solved the problem! Grip and twist adapter are working now.

Twist adapter And Trudder Mk.IV can be used on one OrengeBox at the same time?
Last edited by hazel on Thu Jan 30, 2020 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:26

If you were more careful, you would have noticed that fallout9 advised you to swap wires earlier.
The configurator allows you to use all the axes, but with some system limitations.
We make Hat from the first stick (3, 4 axes) and at the same time transfer it to the second virtual controller (2-2,2-3).
2-1.png
2-2.png
Povs.png

In its place, we transfer the second stick (from the 5th, 6th axis) with the modification of the central button, not only as the uSSw Switch, but also as the Tempo B button.
uSSw.jpg

Thus, we have free 5 and 6 axis. On any of them you can hang the axis of the twist.
Ext 5.png
Axes 5.png

hazel

Postby hazel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 15:49

By limitations You mean I need to sacrifice one axis from HAT to have twist adaptor axis instead?

It's working but I lost control on the left circle HATs Y axis...
My button wizard also appeared in line 7 instead of 6
and it is in input #23 instead of #22. I Don't know why and I don't know that is important.
Can i have both Twist and trudder without sacrificing HATs Y axis?
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

hazel

Postby hazel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 15:50

images
Attachments
04.jpg
05.jpg

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 18:51

Carefully read and repeat exactly what is shown in the pictures. Then the result will not be long in coming.

01-1.jpg
04-1.jpg

hazel

Postby hazel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 23:59

Thank You. I have twist axis and I have the trudder axis. It's working now...but this setup swapped functionality of POV hats. Now the Left circle hat has the 2seconds press (switch from XY sliders to pov hat with reset with single press) and the top rectangle hat has simple 4way hat function. Before the top rectangle hat has the switch pov/sliders (default factory) functionality. How to bring the default hat functionality and have the twist and trudder axis?
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”