Can't configure Gunfighter with Kosmosima grip

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ploatman

Can't configure Gunfighter with Kosmosima grip

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05

I followed the instructions on the video, but when I click on bootloader, it closes the configurator and then nothing happens.

When I open the bootloader myself, it says device disconnected even though it's clearly connected and has flashing lights on the blackbox thing. It also shows up in windows as a USB device. I also can't close the bootloader without ending the task from task manager.

Why is this software and firmware so messy?

fallout9

Re: Can't configure Gunfighter with Kosmosima grip

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:37

It's not messy, it's just different from the regular and extremely powerful and versatile. Have you downloaded the configurator, bootloader and firmware and move them all together in the same folder? If yes then close some of the apps running in the background, like motherboard/ keyboard/ mouse utilities and try again.

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:46

I say it's messy because there's a folder full of random firmware files, none of which are labeled in a way to be immediately apparent as to what piece of hardware they're meant to work with. Not to mention the fact that the software simply doesn't work for me as it's supposed to.

The only things I have running in the background are Chrome and things that are essential for my PC to function.

I've restarted my computer and that's made no change.

Every time I click on bootloader from the configurator, it closes the configurator and then the device becomes disconnected. I have to physically pull the USB cable out and put it back in for it to be recognized again.

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:54

I can't tell if this is just broken or if I'm supposed to be doing something that's been left out of the tutorial. I've followed the tutorial, so don't ask if I've put everything into the same folder. I've done what the tutorial says, it's not working at the point that I said before. Can anyone give me some actual help? Should I create a support ticket?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59

This is your support ticket.
Close background programs, if you have anything Aorus for example it won't work. You could start them later, after you're configuring your device.

Also try this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3849&start=15#p37290

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:04

I told you that I only have chrome open. I have nothing else open. I even disabled my antivirus software since it originally deleted the config software.

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:12

Adding that extra line to the config file did nothing.

I've also just tried swapping to different USB ports, both 2.0 and 3.0, still disconnects when I try to open the bootloader.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:18

There are 2 extra lines, have you add them both?

Post a screenshot with Global/ Common tabs please.

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:25

I don't have tabs since it's opening in notepad like I do with all .ini files.

I don't know what "Global" tab you're talking about either, I don't even see that.
Attachments
Annotation 2020-01-19 002101.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:31

There are 2 lines that you have to add: under [Common] would go Test Misc Enabled=1 and under [User] User=Developer. Don't change anything else. Save the file and close it.

Open VKBDevCfg, press on Global tab, then on Common tab. Take a screenshot and post it here. Should look like this:
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:34

Why did you send me to that link with the extra lines and tell me to add them then? I've already tried with the two added lines from the video tutorial, how many times do I have to say that I've followed the tutorial instructions exactly as it's described?
Attachments
Annotation 2020-01-19 003151.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:44

First of all calm down. Second, pay attention at what you're doing - there's only 1 line to be added mentioned in the video, I gave you a link with 2 lines. You're saying the bootloader is not working, but you've managed to flash the wrong firmware on your device. How come it worked to flash the wrong software and now it doesn't? What extra steps you took to get to the point where it's not working anymore?

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:48

I am calm, I've tried all combinations of those added lines. None of it makes any difference. I'm now back to the two lines that are highlighted.

Why are you assuming I've already flashed something? This is the first thing that came up when I plugged this in. I've never used it until now. Maybe it's because I had to buy the standard gunfighter grip with the base and then the Kosmosima grip separately, since I couldn't get both at the same time for reasons of availability at the time.

What else about the screenshot looks incorrect if anything? Do you have anything actually useful to help me with?
Last edited by Ploatman on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:53, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:52

Is it a new device? Because new devices are coming updated. Also you said you have a Kosmosima, but the screenshot shows a KG12 grip.

Ploatman

Postby Ploatman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:54

I bought the KG12 grip with the base, then the Kosmosima left handed grip was purchased separately later. I've never plugged this in with the KG12 grip since I've never wanted to use it.

This seems completely irrelevant. Even if I had used the original stick and wanted to switch to this one, I would still have the same problem, wouldn't I?

Return to “Technical Support”