Gladiator MKII (non pro) Firmware Question

Moderator: AdminGroup

Rod1947

Gladiator MKII (non pro) Firmware Question

Postby Rod1947 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:48

Which firmware file do I use to flash my Gladiator MKII (not the pro)? It isn't clear in any documentation I've read what the MKII (non pro) would need for firmware. It's a right-handed control stick. I was given this controller by someone who stated it was acting quirky. Worked fine in some apps but not others so I assumed the firmware was outdated since he had purchased it quite awhile ago but never updated the firmware.

My choices:

_Gladiator_MCG_Pro_v1_98_1.vkb
_Gladiator_MCG_v1_98_.vkb
_Gladiator_Pro_v1_98_1.vkb
_Gladiator_SCG_L_v1_98_2.vkb
_Gladiator_SCG_v1_98_1.vkb
_Gladiator_v1_98_1.vkb

I've attempted to flash what I thought was the correct firmware for this stick but now the red light just continues to flash. I have read the instructions here on the VKB website, "https://vkbcontrollers.com/?faq=how-to-flash-reset-calibrate-your-gladiator-w-mcg-grip" and have watched the YouTube video here, "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ht8yMsdlCQ", but no luck. I'm aware if a filename shows an L that it's for a left-handed stick.

Any help is appreciated.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator MKII (non pro) Firmware Question

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:53

You're looking for the file called _Gladiator_v1_98_1.vkb

Zentiger

Postby Zentiger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 20:57

Have you had any success in solving your question about the firmware update? I have had the same issue- and have not been able to solve it. The documentation is hard to follow.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 22:05

Rod1947 wrote:Which firmware file do I use to flash my Gladiator MKII (not the pro)? It isn't clear in any documentation I've read what the MKII (non pro) would need for firmware. It's a right-handed control stick. I was given this controller by someone who stated it was acting quirky. Worked fine in some apps but not others so I assumed the firmware was outdated since he had purchased it quite awhile ago but never updated the firmware.

Firmware does not affect Gladiator work in specific game. Some games for example do not "understand" more than 32 buttons. Controller firmware will not help this game to use more buttons. So if your joystick works - no need to update firmware.
If you use Trackir you must update game list for this device - if it does not recognize a game. Gladiator works in all programs.
Rod1947 wrote:I've attempted to flash what I thought was the correct firmware for this stick but now the red light just continues to flash. I have read the instructions here on the VKB website, "https://vkbcontrollers.com/?faq=how-to-flash-reset-calibrate-your-gladiator-w-mcg-grip" and have watched the YouTube video here, "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ht8yMsdlCQ", but no luck. I'm aware if a filename shows an L that it's for a left-handed stick.
Any help is appreciated.

If joystick works, you can
- do not look at LED
- apply default settings to it (Default button interface, but right firmware needed, see Fallout9 post)
- set up own functions for LEDs
PS
Gladiator does not have left hand grip.
Try!
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Zentiger

Postby Zentiger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:15

Whew! I hope you have better luck than I did trying to understand what the advice from these folks means. Its now becoming hilarious! Somewhere I read that if you aren't having a problem- forget about it. I guess I will have to join that camp. Let me know if you have any luck. :)

Cheers,

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:04

Zentiger,

It is not a matter of luck to have your device working; following instructions and paying attention/ follow the steps exactly does it. If you'll take some time and browse this forum you'll find, together with lots of useful information, that threads ending with a user post complaining about his device still not working after receiving technical advice are almost inexistent. Threads like this, ending with an official offering advice and no more posts showing up for more than a week afterwards means that the user has got his problem solved; not everybody has time to come back and say "Thank you" and that's totally allright - they're getting busy playing their game.
From your posting history - having the HAT working in a game and not working in another game - again, this could ONLY means that the controls haven't been properly set up in that game, so it's not a joystick problem. But if you still think there's an issue with your joystick please return to your thread and let's calmly try to see if there's anything else to fix it. Also, if you feel more comfortable, I could assist you 1 on 1 on the Hotas Discord. Until then please let's try to keep this forum organized.

Zentiger

Postby Zentiger » Fri Jan 17, 2020 14:45

Thank you, sir. I will accept your admonishment, although sadly I must say I have tried to follow the advice given..

The last response I received from you all- is something like this: “You have some kind of program, the software does not allow to flash. You need to temporarily close them (Gigabyte Aorus, software for the mouse, keyboard). Or try flashing on another machine, a laptop.” I hired a computer technician to come to my house to try to decipher this message. He just shook his head. I also asked for clarification. No word. What or who Gigabyte Aorus is- remains a mystery.

Silence from a customer can also mean bye bye or dasvadania. In my case, I will certainly give it a try again. :)

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 15:44

Look at this topic and try to do it in your own way. If a video card from Gigabyte is installed, then perhaps a tuning and monitoring program called Aorus has been installed. And we note that it is she (and some others) that does not allow GL to be flashed. Therefore, it was proposed to temporarily close it, update the firmware, and then run it.

Zentiger

Postby Zentiger » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:18

OK. Thank you! I will give it a try for sure.

Return to “Technical Support”