MCG(non-pro) issue

Moderator: AdminGroup

Htime

MCG(non-pro) issue

Postby Htime » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:15

Hello,

Been enjoying the gunfighter mk.3 for few days now, but I noticed a couple issues with my non-pro modern combat grip.

1st issue is that part of the MCG grip where the buttons and ministicks are located appears to be loose. I can move it left and right with my finger, also I can sometimes feel the plastic parts of the grip move/shift very tiny bit under my hand during more intense action. Please see picture below indicating shifted position.

VKB gunfighter issue.png

2nd issue is with the flip down trigger. I do not know if this is normal but there seems to be some extra slack in the trigger when sitting in UP position. For Example: when flicked to UP position, there is extra 1.5cm of movement (maybe 10-15 degrees or so) that the trigger can be moved further up, no resistance or anything, one can just wobble it while in UP positron. The trigger also makes bit of rattling noise when being flicked into UP position, it is not as smooth and tight as when flicking it into DOWN position.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue is appreciated.

Cheers!

UIV
Мастер

Re: MCG(non-pro) issue

Postby UIV » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:56

remove the right half of grip and post photos please

Htime

Postby Htime » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:05

Pictures as requested:
It seems that white bracket that is holding the flip down trigger is tiny bit off, creating a gap and causing it to have some free play while in UP position.
Attachments
pic51.jpg
pic4.jpg

Htime

Postby Htime » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40

Hi,

Any updates?

If pictures I posted are not good, please let me know and I will try to post better ones.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:46

Wait please. I need more time to find the MCG grip

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:08

In fact the trigger lever doesn't have to have no slack at all. When flipped up, it has to be locked and not fall down; whether or not it wobbles a bit in the upper position is not really important (as long of course as it doesn't mess with other controls). The fact that it is making some noise is a different story, as we know how irritating it may become.

MCG_tr_thick1.jpg

Therefore here is a little lifehack - we tried it, and it worked.
This white nylon thingy is exactly what is responsible for holding the trigger lever neatly in its upper position.
We took a soft rubber strap roughly 2 mm thick, and fixed it on the nylon part with a few turns of soft sticky tape (office tape would be a wrong pick). We didn't glue it to the nylon part because a) nylon is not the easiest material to glue to, and b) it would be a more or less permanent solution which we didn't want to suggest.

MCG_tr_thick2.jpg

This is how it looked after all.

MCG_tr_thick3.jpg

Take care so that the added thickness doesn't prevent the two parts of the grip from being properly connected.

Try it and tell me how it worked!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Htime

Postby Htime » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:55

Thank you,

I will try that, should be pretty simple to do.

What should do I about the top part of the grip shifting position? I've looked inside, cannot see/find anything wrong. Tried carefully putting it together a couple times, but not luck.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:53

Htime wrote:about the top part

The picture you posted at the top of this thread, we need a similar pic but full version, with no cropping. We need to see exactly where and at which angle you apply force to get such warping of the grip.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Htime

Postby Htime » Thu Jan 09, 2020 19:19

Here is the video with squeaky sounds grip makes as plastic pieces slide.

https://vimeo.com/383783319

Pictures:
Attachments
IMG_0923 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0922 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0921 - Copy.JPG

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:41

AeroGator wrote:We need to see exactly where and at which angle you apply force to get such warping of the grip.
Htime wrote:Pictures:

Sir I need to see what I asked for: where and at which angle you apply force to get such warping of the grip.
Which is - the way you hold the grip when it is getting warped.
A full length picture of the grip from the bottom of the base to the top plus your hand holding it at the moment it is wrapped.
Several shots would be better than one.
I may also ask for a video showing how it is getting warped, but this may be the next step; for now pictures are enough.
The sooner I see requested pictures the sooner we can move on.
Video: it is really intimidating... Where does this terrible creaking come from? Can you roughly point your finger at the place on the base or grip from where the noise is the loudest?
Also, which country are you in?
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Htime

Postby Htime » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:11

Hi,

Pretty much hold the grip as in the video. I hope the video provided enough insight into forces/angles required to generate this issue.

It seems to be making noise anywhere plastic top piece is rubbing against other lower plastic components of the grip.

I am located in Canada

Pictures below indicate area where I think the noise might be loudest, and also has most “movement".
Attachments
IMG_0923 - Copymark.jpg
IMG_0921 - Copymark.jpg

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 10, 2020 14:54

AeroGator wrote:
AeroGator wrote:Sir I need to see what I asked for: where and at which angle you apply force to get such warping of the grip.
Which is - the way you hold the grip when it is getting warped.
A full length picture of the grip from the bottom of the base to the top plus your hand holding it at the moment it is wrapped.
Several shots would be better than one.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Htime

Postby Htime » Fri Jan 10, 2020 16:00

Pics below
Attachments
IMG_0932 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0931 - Copy.JPG

UIV
Мастер