Fat Black mamba issues

Moderator: AdminGroup

Buddy84

Fat Black mamba issues

Postby Buddy84 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 13:02

I purchased a fat Black mamba that was owned by one other person about a year ago. I love the stick and don't want to switch to virpil or thrustmaster. The issue I am having is once in a while, while flying in il2 great battles ( my primary game), the stick will virtually lock to the rear. The only way to fix it is by unplugging it and plugging it back in. In a dogfight that is a less then ideal situation. Please let me know what I can do to fix. Or who I need to contact to get new parts. I understand it is an old stuck but it is literally my favorite being that I have a warhog and have tried a virpil ....PLEASE HELP

Thoste

Re: Fat Black mamba issues

Postby Thoste » Wed Jan 01, 2020 17:01

Having the same problem with mine. Trying the firmware update route first but having trouble finding firmware that works with this old stick. Follow my thread here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3968

So far I got the axis to work and some buttons. Wondering if its a firmware or profile issue. I use my stick for Prepar3D primarily at the moment and had the same full back issue solved by unplugging. After getting the upgrade to 1.98.1 I made two flights in P3D and one in X-Plane and did not have any issue. One flight I left to just fly along for a while to see if anything happened but no issue. Think the firmware works. Just need to get all the buttons to work now so I can set trim, AP disc and all the other functions I want to have on the stick.

Return to “Technical Support”