GF2->3 and Twist install questions

Moderator: AdminGroup

tephra

GF2->3 and Twist install questions

Postby tephra » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:06

Hey Guys,

Need some advice on the following:

1. When doing the GF II -> 3 upgrade on an early model MCGPro grip - what should be done with the dry-clutch lock-nut? I use the spare washers (normal and split) behind the PCB and then re-installed the lock-nut on-top... Its only just hanging on there (maybe 1/2 thread) - and I don't even think it really needs the lock-nut - can you confirm? If I don't use washers there is about 1mm gap between dry-clutch and PCB...

2. What are the "A" springs for? They seem longer than the supplied #10 spring?

3. What does the red-dot on the #20A spring package signify?

4. What firmware should we be using is the _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_98_1.vkb the correct one? (Not sure now that its a GF MK3).

5. The Twist adapter only came with a single hex bolt, on the early MCG-Pro grips there are black screws (well screw head, but bolt) - was the intention to replace one of these screws with the hex bolt? Why wasn't two bolts supplied? Or did I miss something?

6. I assume its ok to reuse the old springs with the new cams? They did seem to stretch quite a lot more (I am using Space-S cam if that matters)

Some notes:
1. The soft spring on the twist adapter is far better, its not only easier to twist, but not too easy...but it reduces the creak noise from the casing when twisting...

2. The procedure for removing cams should be updated to highlight undoing the NUT end, rather than the hex-bolt end - I started to round out the hex bolt because I was stupid...

3. There is a bit of "slop" noise from the dust cover when moving the stick; I assume its the dust-cover binding on itself? not a big deal, but thought I would mention it..

4. I really like the new cams, they seems smoother!

All-in-all I am pretty happy, thanks and well-done on some excellent engineering!

Regards
D.

fallout9

Re: GF2->3 and Twist install questions

Postby fallout9 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:56

Discard the nyloc nut, not needed anymore. Washer comes on top of pads, spring washer follows, then board.

Another type of springs.

No idea, but I could only guess the office assistant has dropped some nail polish on the bag during packaging :)))

Both MKII and unlabeled works.

That's the locking bolt. The twist module is supposed to be secured in position by existing screws/ bolts.

tephra

Postby tephra » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:17

Thanks for the replies...

With the locking bolt - where does that go? Is that to disable twist entirely?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:24

It blocks the twisting motion.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

tephra

Postby tephra » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:51

Ok... I must have missed that on the video... Thanks

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:24

I had the red dot on the 20-A springs bag, too. I could only surmise this is the new "default" installed if you were to purchase a brand new Gunfighter III already assembled??
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

tephra

Postby tephra » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:15

Perhaps.

I am wondering if the "A" springs are for the aviation cams - they seem to be longer/beefier than the "non-A"...

I just re-used the original springs and the Space-S, and am really happy with how the stick feels... much smoother (less "lumpy") than with the original cams..

Return to “Technical Support”