Correct firmware version, and grips ...

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jeffchrisope

Correct firmware version, and grips ...

Postby Jeffchrisope » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:49

Just received my Gunfighter Mark III MCG PRO, and all seems good so far. However, I note that the firmware version is a little older than the file listed in the Downloads section of the VKB site. The files in the newer firmware zip do not appear to have any versions marked as Mark III, only Mark II and an unversioned set of files. So ... what, if anything, should I use for the firmware update?

Also, are there plans to sell other grips as separate items for the Mark III GF, as you do for the GF Mark II? I’m considering getting at least the WW2 grip, but the Mark III isn’t listed as an option ...

Thanks!
Jeff

Jarg1

Re: Correct firmware version, and grips ...

Postby Jarg1 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 19:44

I have the same question regarding firmware for the new Gunfighter Mk.III. Nothing in the firmware file matches this version but it is currently running a lower revision.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 20:06

Jeffchrisope wrote:So ... what, if anything, should I use for the firmware update?
I’m considering getting at least the WW2 grip, but the Mark III isn’t listed as an option ...

I tried them both versions of MCG Pro firmware, both work. I kept the first one flashed (the non MKII).

All the grips are working on MKIII, it's just the site haven't been updated yet.

Commander_Haas

Postby Commander_Haas » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:38

Just wanted to chime in and say that I am also wondering this. Should I leave it the way it came? Use Mk.II for now? Seems like a big oversight to me. Please advise.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16

Sorry, wasn't clear enough: MKI (no version) - orange Black Box, MKII - black Black Box, not GunFighter version related.

If you guys have new products you must have the black version of the Black Box, which is MKII.

Return to “Technical Support”