MCG - "Master Mode" not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

Hardy

MCG - "Master Mode" not working

Postby Hardy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 22:28

Hi I recently received my Gladiator mk2 non pro and equiped it with the upgrade kit and a MCG non-Pro Version.
Everything is working as intended except the Ministick at the top of the Grip. ("Master Mode-Stick")

VKBDevCfg-C v0.90.56 is installed and used to check the buttons and axis. The MCG with the Gladiator is flashed to Version: _Gladiator_MCG_v1_97_7.
The Button 37 (the centre pushable button of the Stick) is recognized by the tool and working , but nothing else on the Ministick. No motion is detected.

I think this ministick is shown as POV 1, is this correct? In case it is, it shows nothing. I read through alot of pages in the forum and tried to find a solution, unfortunately I wasnt able to.
Maybe you or the community can help me with that. :D
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (4).png

Ron61

Re: MCG - "Master Mode" not working

Postby Ron61 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 0:18

Look at here. If you have questions, ask. Pay attention to the Active checkbox in the Povs settings.

Hardy

Postby Hardy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:22

Thank you for the quick answer!

My goal is to use the Master Mode as a normal 4 way button. In the the current state the ministick is not usable/bindable at all.

By reading the manual ( Conversion axis rotation to button press sequence ) I got the Gate Cont to work as buttons, but not the Master Mode.
Because there is no Axis for it, I wont be able to convert with the Axes2Buttons function. The other axis´ are used for different controls - tested all of them to be sure.
The Master Mode-"Axis" isnt shown anywhere, no tool shows a response. Only Button 37, when pushing the Stick in, works.
( The linked thread shows the Master Mode as Axis #3 and #4, for me this is GATE CONT. )

Another possible solution I found is to change the POV#1 to LoRes4w with ButtonsV, but for me it didnt work.

If you cant bind the ministick what is its purpose, I just plugged the Joystick in and calibrated it. Didnt change anything else. Went ingame and wanted to bind the MASTER MODE-Stick, didnt work neither as Axis or button.
Im a little confused here, sorry. :roll:

hon0

Postby hon0 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:01

Hello,

Make sure to select "Always" in the POV menu, for your Master Mode Ministick, instead of "On/Off". If you choose On/Off then you need to use the "uStick switch" to switch ministick mode.

I'm not familiar with the external tab but I think it would help us to see yours. Please screenshot this tab :
download/file.php?id=6681&mode=view

Edit : Oh, not sure but for that to work maybe the Axes to button box have to be ticked in the general setting?
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Hardy

Postby Hardy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 14:16

Noticed Axis #1 and 2# / #3 + #4 are changed in the default settings.
When changing it to the order that was shown in the screenshots provided by you, it works. Im not sure if the other settings from my screenshots are correct for the now changed Axis.
Both of them are POVs, even when pressing the "uStick switch". Can I have the ministick mode active for "Gate Cont" (TDC Slew in DCS) and at the same time use POV for Master Mode?

With the new Axis-order the Button to change the POV/Ministick is on Master Mode, I would like to have it on Gate Cont. Bascially my settings from the previous screenshots, but with a working Master Mode Stick.
To sum it up: Gate Cont as POV and Ministick (switchable by pressing on "Gate Cont") + a working Master Mode Ministick regardless of the Gate Cont switching. Can the software do this ?

These are the default settings of the firmware for which the Master Mode is not working at all (maybe this is replicable with a Gladiator non pro+MCG and I am not the only one that has this problem,maybe you could check that in the firmware. Btw. older software corrects this Axis assignment.):
Attachments
Screenshot (8).png

Hardy

Postby Hardy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 21:18

Updated to Version : Gladiator_MCG_v1_98_1.
Still the same issue, hat "Master Mode" still not working and not recognized.

Only light fix is, to change these all Firmware standard settings:
not working.png

to this :
working.png

Problem is:
with this axis settings GATE CONT is always in POV mode even when changing the mode to ministick.
Master Mode is now recognized but only in POV mode. The ministick function is gone.
So I would like to have the Ministick function back on GATE CONT hat and POV working on MASTER MODE hat. Do you need anything else as a screenshot?
It is basically the same settings as in my older screens. Factory default

It is hard to describe, let me try to sum it up.
POV Mode on - Gate Cont(POV1) and Master Mode(POV2) hat both working in POV.

Press Gate Cont (LED changes color), Ministick mode should be active.
Gate Cont still in POV. Master Mode not working and not recognized at all

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:32

Hardy wrote:Still the same issue, hat "Master Mode" still not working and not recognized.

Try this

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

You could set up Master Mode as a MicroStick Mode Switch in the Profile/Buttons tab, similar with Gate cont.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 13:29

See more here.
True, this is GF, but the principle remains the same. I am a little confused in your explanations - can you explain more specifically :? ?
For MM stick - it needs to work like that.
For a CG stick - it need to work like that.
And then there will be a solution.

Return to “Technical Support”