Re: Flashing buttons

Postby Eetsjone » Wed Dec 04, 2019 17:47

And finally:
Attachments
Global.JPG

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Wed Dec 04, 2019 22:25

Same thing happens to me on my first GF2 base with MCG Pro but does not happen on my Kosmosima Premium LH on a year or two later GF 2 base. The buttons triggering are all the central press on four position hats aren't they?

I have even tried rebuilding the cable between sensor boards to no avail. But I have noticed it only ever seems to occur for a brief time at the beginning of any session after not in use for a day or more.

Before playing If I open up the joy tester app and do large full-range clockwise and counterclockwise circles with the gimbal until I see the button triggering stop, it's fine for the rest of that boot session. Am I rubbing off oxidation between the pins and pads at the joystick mount? Flushing the controller buffer somehow by continuing to run everything full range? Charging up unobtainium in the magnetic sensors? :D I have no idea. But it works.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13

Thank you for your help.
Yes, it did work like that for me as well for a time. But now it doesn't help anymore, the flashing keeps going on despite moving the stick around. :(
Just hoping now that VKB engineers can work out what the problem is.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 14:14

I would like to know the version of the grip. To do this, you can provide a photo of the controller by removing the right half of the handle.
At the same time, check the reliability of the connector pins.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Thu Dec 05, 2019 14:53

Eetsjone wrote:Thank you for your help.
Yes, it did work like that for me as well for a time. But now it doesn't help anymore, the flashing keeps going on despite moving the stick around. :(
Just hoping now that VKB engineers can work out what the problem is.

Ah, then I got nothing other than there can't be good contact at the pins/pads at the stick attach, or at least at one cable interface (although you did say you've cleaned and checked all connections.)

It's a 3-pin digital bus, any intermittence does get interpreted as data. The only other thing I can remember is that the brake lever also seemed sort of involved in my case, I'd do the rotations and make sure I flexed it full range three or four times.

My 'misbehavior' has remained only 'on initial use' for two years now, and has shown no sign of creeping degradation, so it's been pretty much negligible. And it is very weird to me that the newer GFII has NEVER done any of that, not once. (I did go thru some 'why is the LED doing *that* moments?' with early firmware loads on it, but never any randomness.) Did they 'fix' something in a revision, or is that just sample-of-two bad statistics and luck??? I would certainly consider the GFIII mod kit to see if it would fix it. (Although I'll have to see if I can re-skin the new blackbox back into orange aluminum, because I so loved those... :) )
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Thu Dec 05, 2019 18:10

Is this as requested?
Attachments
P1000873.JPG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 22:00

It is worth trying to reconnect 7pin connector and next to two 3pin in the grip.
USBDeview uninstall the GF device.
Reconnect the USB cable.
After that, reset the settings to the factory default button in the configurator and calibrate.

Uninstall.png

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:21

Followed the steps (added reload of _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_98_1.vkb before calibration).
As you can see in the JoyTester screenshot it did not help.
Attachments
JoyTester_20191206.JPG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 15:04

It will be difficult for us to find a solution to the problem if you do not follow our recommendations.
I asked to leave only GF from the joysticks - you did not. :?:
I asked you to reset it to default with a button in the configurator - you did not. :?:
But they used the firmware for BB MK2 - although no one asked. :o
Perhaps there are difficulties in understanding the recommendations? English is not my native language.
Follow the recommendations and we will continue.

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 16:27

How can you make those comments?
As I said in all my replies, I followed all the recommended steps.
Even at this moment, the MFG is the only stick connected. No throttle, no rudder, no simshaker, no G13, nothing else is connected.
I did apply the default settings in de DefCfg screen. Why shouldn't I? What would be a reason not to?
And as I said, I applied the vkb so I would be sure that everything would be back to default. What did that change in the steps?
You are implying that I do not want to follow your recommendations. Why wouldn't I? The only reason I came to this forum is because I'm looking for help.

And for that matter, English is not my native language neither but I try to be as open in my communication as possible to give as much information as I can.

So, what steps should I follow? Because so far I have done them all.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 17:24

I hope you understand that my task is to understand at what stage the failure occurred - in software or hardware.
Therefore, in order.
To understand that the joystick is the only one in the system, you need to look at the figure, as in the picture. If this is not so, then the rest can be seen by opening the list. Look at your 2 screenshots from Joytester and understand what I'm talking about.
1.png

When resetting to default, the button in the configurator resets the calibration values (255, 255) and all other check boxes.
Compare with yours above and find the difference.
2.png

About the wrong firmware, I think, so it’s clear.
If you claim that you have followed all the recommendations, then why can't I see this?

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 17:40

Then that maybe is the problem?
This is what my device shows and there is nothing I can do to chance it. Unless of course I've been not using the DefCfg software from day 1.
This is the procedure that comes from VKB that I have been following from the beginning:
How to Calibrate your Gunfighter w/ MCG/MCG PRO correctly:

1) Don't use the native Windows calibration ulitity!
2) Use WIZZO GF Edition (http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/wizzo_gf_0_98.zip) or VKBDevCfg w/ MCG supprt (http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKB..._v0_83_8_5.zip) for calibration.
Note: Before continuing, ensure that the foldable trigger is in the center position (MCG PRO only)
3) Pull the foldable trigger to forward position (MCG PRO only).
4) Press trigger and return to a center position (MCG PRO only).
6) Click ‘Start’ (calibration button) in WIZZO - or - click the ‘Start Calibr’ button in VKBdevCfg; the SYS LED on the Blackbox starts blinking (WIZZO displays CALIBRATING label).
7) Move the stick through its full range (pitch and roll axes).
8 ) Move MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) ministick on the MCG’s head through its full range.
9) Move GATE CONT (УПРАВ СТРОБ) ministick on the MCG’s head through its full range.
10) Squeeze the BRAKE lever fully.
11) Move the foldable trigger forward and backward (full range) (MCG PRO only)
12) If VKB T-Rudders are connected to the Gunfighter's BlackBox - move the T-Rudder axis through its full range as well.
13) Click the 'STOP' button (WIZZO) - or - click the 'End Calibr' button (VKBdevCfg); the joystick will restart. WIZZO closes automatically (VKBdevCfg may be closed manually if desired).
14) Done.
Calibration information is stored within the Gunfighter's BlackBox.
Attachments
DevConfig screenshot 20191206_1.JPG

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 20:55

Eetsjone - let me try to re-trace the steps for you:

1. Open up your MCG Pro, disconnect the 7 pin connector and the base connector. Reconnect them and make sure they're properly seated. Put the grip back together. (If you already did that you could skip this part).
2. Disconnect all other gaming devices from your system. You could check that the GF+MCG Pro is the only one left by opening the Joy tester and pulling down the Joy Connected menu - make sure there's no other device in the that list except of GF+MCG Pro.
3. Disconnect the GF+MCG Pro (pull out the USB cable from the BB).
4. Open USBDeview, right click on your GF_MCG Pro and hit Uninstall.
5. Reconnect the USB cable to your BB.
6. Open VKBDevCfg and hit the Default button. (do not reflash!)
7. Still in VKBDevCfg go to Test tab then Axes and hit Calibrate.
8. Move all the axes back and forth, end to end, including the secondary trigger (start from the middle position, squeeze it, push it back all the way up); watch the sliders move on the tester in VKBDevCfg. Make sure you press the Master Mode button to switch to ministick function (it comes in POV by default).

Eetsjone

Postby Eetsjone » Sat Dec 07, 2019 16:44

Fallout9, I have followed your steps, no success.
In the zip file you will see multiple screenshots for each step.
If you look at Scr191207135907 it shows that multiple buttons are signalling without me even touching the MFG. They appear just by starting JoyTester.
I have also taken two pictures of the open stick, one with the disconnected wires and one with the reconnected wires. I did that because you mentioned also the base connector and before I did only the two three pin and the seven pin connector at the top. Like it was recommended.
There is one screenshot (Scr191207142045) that shows that the GF & BB are working perfectly for the KG12 I also have.
Attachments
P1000874.JPG
P1000878.JPG
20191207.zip
(727.79 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Return to “Technical Support”