Weegie

Re: Error Loading Firmware for MCG to FBM III

Postby Weegie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:50

You got it Ron I'll do that, thanks for the observation

John

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 15:04

So spaced out the board as requested by Ron, before doing this though the VKBDevConfig-C went blank again

I don't know if this is relevant but going to the Settings showed this up

Setting Profile Fail.jpg

I don't know what the dx Input manager is or where it's located though. I noticed that trying to load any of the tools like the button or joy tester also showed me an error message stating Dx Error.

Could this be relevant?

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 13:02

As nobody's responding I guess you guys are all out of ideas

I'm begining to think the problem lies somewhere in the Firmare or a minor hardware fault that I've had since day one

It's never been serious enough to stop the stick working in any way, but is interfering with the software. Possibly something in an old firmware version that's been left behind and isn't getting cleared on a reflash.

I miss the software but as a "next best" I'm running Joystick Gremlin and it's doing most of what I want.

I should also add that I can upload and download some of the configurations but not all the features will work, even when the software is reporting an error

I also tried the software and stick on another PC and got exactly the same results and errors.

The strange behaviour of the second analogue wheel in the base, which was killing power to the stick, also cleared so everything hardware wise now works, I just can't use the full the funcionality of the VKBDevConfig-C

Thanks for the assistance Ron, you were great and I'm happy just to have a fully functioning stick with the MCG which is supberb. The number of options I now have always outnumbers the commands I could possibly want or need to program into the stick

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 22:15

I think it will be the right step to return the configuration, as before installing the MCG. We now know that MCG works exactly when installed.
Now roll back a step. We unscrew the small riser board and restore the switching of the loops of the left and right sides of the base.
The default handle can not be installed or connected. We flash the usual firmware and check the operation of the analog axes on the basis.

Return to “Technical Support”