wassou

Re: Gladiator Mk II. Upgrade Kit LIte Issues

Postby wassou » Sat Jul 25, 2020 18:54

perfect, i'll do it tomorrow ;) thanks a lot

s411728

Postby s411728 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 19:32

Hello,
I am having exactly the same issue on a unmodified Gladiator II. When it was new it was smooth as butter, but after a year or so of moderate use I started getting the grinding noise/sensation also.
For me it happens in the X axis (left-to-right) just at and beyond the center. I have tried two times since, opening and re-greasing all the parts (slightly over-greasing) with silicone lubricant, but the horrible grinding noise persists. Upon opening the joystick I found some finely ground white plastic particles in the groove, so there is definitely something rubbing against some part of the white plastic assembly, but I am clueless as to where it might be coming from.

Did anyone manage to solve this one?

s411728

Postby s411728 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 20:04

After removing the Y-axis assembly (forward-back movement), the grinding is no longer present when moving the stick from side to side.
So it definitely has to do something with the fore mentioned part. I am just not sure which exact part of it is causing the issue.

s411728

Postby s411728 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 0:55

Ok, so after some more investigation I have finally managed to find out the source of the issue.
The open end of the metal pin (axis) is, for some reason, scraping against the "U" shaped plastic piece. For now I have somewhat remedied the situation by removing the locking ring which allows the pin to be slightly retracted, but the issue is not 100% fixed. I guess next step would be to actually sand down either the pin, the plastic piece it's impacting or both. I've used a blue marker to actually visualize where the contact occurs.
This is definitely a design flaw from VKB's side.

Screenshot_2(1).jpg

Screenshot_1.png

Return to “Technical Support”