Gladiator button-to-key mapping not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

jumonjiken

Gladiator button-to-key mapping not working

Postby jumonjiken » Wed Oct 30, 2019 20:15

I'm trying to map the top button (mouse 2) to "left Alt + Right CTL + L" in mode 2 (green) to satisfy a game constraint but I can't get any output on that button with the mapping. It works fine when I set it back to original, so it's not hardware (right?). I tried testing in-game as well as using the test panel, no keyboard output at all is showing either way. I saved it to the controller, to a file, and reloaded, etc., every way I could think of short of rebooting my PC. Here's my setting:
Capture.JPG

Help?
if you're curious, it's for VoiceAttack (HCS singularity script) for Elite: Dangerous. HCS "wisely" decided that you need a keyboard option for one of the mouse-2 clicks (primary or secondary) to enable better user configuration... LOL! If only.

jumonjiken

Re: Gladiator button-to-key mapping not working

Postby jumonjiken » Wed Oct 30, 2019 20:41

Ok - I found a work around. I just set the top button to output joy_18 in both modes, so I can still use the keystroke for HCS (secondary mapping) without worrying about it matching the gladiator button. Whew!
But still... the keystroke mapping should have worked.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 21:45

1.Open Global - Common tab, check Map (enables mapping), select Classic in Mode combo box.
2. Open Profile - Buttons - Physical layer. Click line #20 (top button mapped to in green mode).
3. Assign LAlt+RCtrl+L
4. Press Set.
common_map.jpg

result.jpg
Attachments
line20_stroke.jpg
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

jumonjiken

Postby jumonjiken » Wed Oct 30, 2019 23:07

thanks - I had turned on the map but I hadn't set the keyboard to classic.

However, I'm still having issues. After trying what you suggest, my vdk tool crashed and when I brougbht it back up, its finding two gladiators! one with keyboard on and one with it off. oh boy.

Ok, I didn't do it exactly like you suggested because my screen doesn't match - i don't have a "line 20" on the physical page. Mine looks like this:
Capture2.JPG

but I managed to find the right button and now the key binding (which still doesn't work) now looks like this:
Capture3.JPG

jumonjiken

Postby jumonjiken » Wed Oct 30, 2019 23:11

Ach... I saved and reloaded and it started working.

The only thing really different was the keyboard=classic - thanks for that! I don't know why we have different screens, I'm using the latest version (downloaded this week.) Oh well - got it now.
:cry: :D :D :D

Return to “Technical Support”