Gunfighter Pro Pinky not acting as a shift modifier(SOLVED)

Moderator: AdminGroup

messiah

Gunfighter Pro Pinky not acting as a shift modifier(SOLVED)

Postby messiah » Sun Oct 06, 2019 21:42

SOLVED: READ LATEST REPLY

Hi!

so I noticed that the pinky button does not work as a shift modifier, but just as a button in IL-2.

I've downloaded the VKBDevCfg Manual too, but I don't feel too comfortable messing with the VKBDevice program.
I took a few print screens from the VKBDevCfg tabs, but it does appear that it is indeed not selected as a "shift" modifier.

I have only used it so far for the calibration,axes. otherwise, I did not touch anything else.

any help on this is truly appreciated!

NJoy32 Firmware v1.97.0
VKB Gunfighter Pro(V1.96B)
Software version used VKBDevCfg-C_v0_90_5_4

VKB.png
VKB1.png
VKB2.png
Last edited by messiah on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:03, edited 2 times in total.

messiah

Re: Gunfighter Pro Pinky not acting as a shift modifier

Postby messiah » Sun Oct 06, 2019 22:11

I did also encounter that the "UP" POV/HAT switch on the KG12 has to be fully pressed, even after the "click" it can sometimes not register when holding down, so full force has to be applied for full register. at least on the "UP" hat switch.

also in the software they are somehow not enabled but they do work fine in-game.(POV/hat switch)
or am I missing something here?
vkb7.png

VKB5.png
VKB4.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 23:03

I don't have the KG12 grip, but I'll try to guide you through. First get properly flashed and calibrated following this guide: https://youtu.be/8Ht8yMsdlCQ. Grab the latest stable drivers and software from here: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... 1_97_7.zip
- open VKBDevCFG and go to Profile, Physical Layer -> mark the Poll box on the right side
- press the pinkie button on your grip -> a red light will flash on the configurator
- press that box with the light -> a pop up window will open
- set it up as in pic 1 and close the pop up window
- now press on the rest of the buttons on your grip one by one
- when the red light blinks click on the box and set up the rest of the buttons as pic 2
- you have 6 buttons, program each starting from position 17 (so you would end up with position 22)
- hit the Set button
- now you should have a set of 6 buttons plus another set of 6 when you press the pinkie button.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG

messiah

Postby messiah » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:21

Hi!

Thank for the reply.

I flashed to firmware to the latest version no issues.
regarding the button remaps,I re-mapped them, clicked "Set" but then the blackbox shows a red LED on stick, returning it to default fixes this.

UPDATE: just for the sake of troubleshooting, remapping the buttons and clicking "set" only worked with firmware "v1_96_F"
Not with "v1_97_7"(RED STICK LED) which i am currently running.

However, more about the shift modifier... I assume this already worked out of the box because it worked a year ago in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, but I didn't realize IL-2 BOX Series did not support shift modifiers on joystick!! unless i'm running a third party program, which i'm not gonna bother with.

so it DID work out of the box... it's just that IL-2 BOX series does not support shift modifier on the joystick.. thus me believing that it did not work, because Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad is the only game which is installed and played as of now, pitty that the joystick cannot be used to its fullest in the newest IL-2 series.

I just installed Cliffs of Dover Blitz to test if it works out of the box, and it worked there on default...

anyways,I still appreciate your help @fallout9, your method still worked, but not on the latest firmware v1.97.7.
might still come in handy for future bindings though, since the problem is the game, not the joystick.

so all in all, false alarm... everything works great, running latest firmware now too.

Return to “Technical Support”