Gunfighter Base Intermittent Disconnect Issue

Moderator: AdminGroup

Dirt

Gunfighter Base Intermittent Disconnect Issue

Postby Dirt » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42

I am having an issue on both of my Gunfighter bases where during use, normally less than 60 seconds into use, the grip will disconnect from the base and stop all function of the grip and base. The work around for me has been to restart the black box in DevCFG and/or additionally, refit the grip to the base. However, the results of this are wildly inconsistent and the tightness of which I set the mounting rusk too... has zero affect. I have bent rusks trying to get the grip on the base as tight as possible to zero affect. I have replaced the rusks with fresh ones... to no affect.

I was initially seeing the issue only on my Kosmosima and attributed the issue to the fact that the mounting area of that grip is polymer. So, I was sent a replacement twist adapter in an attempt to fix the issue... to no affect. Then, shortly after... my MCG Pro starts showing the same issue...

I am out of ideas and patience. I have been having this issue since January of this year and VKB customer service has not been able to help me. I have approx. $800 of useless equipment sitting on my desk...
Please... help... anyone...
Gunfighter MkII w/MCG-Pro
Soft Cams X&Y
#10 Springs X&Y
FW: v1.976
Devconfig: v0.90.35

Gunfighter MkII w/Kosmosima Premium Left
Soft Cams X&Y
#10 Springs X&Y
FW: v1.976

T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals
Soft Cam Side
High Spring Tension Setting

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter Base Intermittent Disconnect Issue

Postby fallout9 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:01

I use the exactly same setup, 2 GFs with MCG Pro and LH SCGP :)
Are the Black Boxes connected to the same USB hub? Maybe there's something wrong with it, try to connect them independently.
Do you have another PC where you could plug them in and test to see if they work?

ddrake1984

Re: Gunfighter Base Intermittent Disconnect Issue

Postby ddrake1984 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:24

we have had recently some people on the discord community having similar occurrences of disconnect

- 1 resolved his by cleaning the contacts and ensuring the pins are all extended
- 1 resolved his by replacing the USB cable (after 4 or 5 USB cables, all were not working except 1)
- 1 resolved his by re-wiring inside the twist adapter

can you confirm if the USB is plugged into the PC or a powered USB port - this will negate the USB power issue.
could you also try replacing the USB cable?

if axis is not working on the base when this happens, it's most likely the connection between the base and the black box or the black box to the PC.
can you confirm when you lose connection, what lights show up on the black box?

Return to “Technical Support”