no Rx axis for rudder control

Moderator: AdminGroup

lancer27

no Rx axis for rudder control

Postby lancer27 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:34

Hi, I have a Gladiator MKII. Yesterday I attempted update the firmware to v1.97.7. I believe this went off OK because there were green lights that were flashing while the process was occurring. I then attempted to further update the stick with the Gladiator_Pro_v1.97.7.vkb file when I noticed that there were no flashing green lights during the process of "flashing". The light on the base of the stick stayed red. After completion of the updating, I started P3D and noticed in sim, I no longer had use of my Rx axis for rudder control. I also noticed when I used the test joy stick app later that the Rx axis is checked but is "greyed out" Does anyone have any hints or suggestions on how to re-gain my Rx axis? Is it possible to un-install the Pro_v1.97_7.vkb file which is what I believe to be the culprit?

fallout9

Re: no Rx axis for rudder control

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26

You flashed the wrong firmware.
Here's what you need to do, step by step:
- download the latest VKB configurator (https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... .90.56.zip), bootloader (https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... -v1_15.zip) and set of firmware (https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... 1_97_7.zip).
- put all these files in their own directory and unzip them.
- open up the VKBDevCfg and press Bootloader button.
- from the VKB directory choose the file _Gladiator_v1_97_7.vkb - that's your firmware (pay attention at its name as there are other Gladiator files that won't work).
- flash that file, your configurator will restart.
- hit the Default button, your configurator will restart.
- go to the Test tab/ Axes and hit the Start Calibr button.
- move all your axes on their whole range - X, Y and Z on stick, throttle on box.
- when done hit End Calibr. button.

lancer27

Postby lancer27 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:09

Hi, first off I should say that before I was able to follow the steps that you outlined, my computers power supply gave out, so I need to put my computer in the shop Monday. But I had access to another computer in the house and I used that in an attempt to update the stick. I downloaded all the files mentioned. While starting the VKBDevCfg-C_v0.90.56 I came across a message that I had not ever previously come across (see attachment). I continued and loaded the configurator, pressed Bootloader button, Bootloader loaded, I searched and found the Gladiator_v1_97_7.vkb, selected it, pressed the flash button and....the lights on the stick stayed red. I am un-sure why the lights stayed red. I am thinking it may have something to do with "search for app in the store" message that displayed after double clicking on the configurator file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:42

Hey Lancer,
Your attachment doesn't show for some reason. Doesn't matter, here's also a video with all the steps you have to follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ht8yMsdlCQ&t=
Don't worry, you get your joystick up and running in no time.

lancer27

Postby lancer27 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 19:40

Hi, hey everything works now !! I got all my axes !! Turns out I forgot to add the User=Developer line in the config file the time before. Thanks for all the help you provided. I even tried the joystick test app to make sure and...all of the necessary axes were checked and not "greyed out" Now all I need is to get my computer back from the shop and try it out in the sim. Thanks for all.

Return to “Technical Support”