Gunfight Quickstart PDF - Confused

Moderator: AdminGroup

badgenes

Gunfight Quickstart PDF - Confused

Postby badgenes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 0:27

Does the Gunfighter MK II quickstart PDF apply to the Gunfighter Mk II non-Pro stick? None of this information about needing to loosen the axes came in the box which I would've thought if necessary it would have. I just stumbled across the document when I was visiting the site to get the newest vkb config application since I could not flash firmware in my new stick using Wizzo and Z-Bootloader (as an aside it kept saying "disconnected" when clicking Bootloader in Wizzo. No other system chagnes, using VKB configuration tool and Z-Bootloader I was able to flash with no issue). I haven't used the stick much at all and now would like to find out before i do so again.

Thanks!

rrohde

Re: Gunfight Quickstart PDF - Confused

Postby rrohde » Wed Aug 21, 2019 0:46

Please be aware that the Quick Guide is a document compiled by yours truly (and is thus not an official VKB manual) based on feedback gathered over the years since the Gunfighter is available, and it is very generic on purpose and should apply to all Gunfighter variations.

If your Gunfighter's axis dampers are already fully loosened, you're obviously not required to do anything, besides maybe tightening them to your own taste; however, if they are still tightened from the factory as they used to be, a user might wonder why the stick doesn't center correctly, and thus should loosen them first to get started.

That's what the little guide is really all about - some useful pointers here and there collected over the years.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

badgenes

Postby badgenes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:10

OK cool. Well thank you for your efforts! How would I know? When pulled off center it rebounds to center and oscillates 3 times until it stops (very short oscillations). Would that indicate loose or tight? For that matter does adjusting any of this void the warranty?

Thanks for answering me yourself, btw!

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:23

The warranty is not voided by adjusting the dampers, or swapping out springs and cams. So you're invited to tinker. :)

And usually, with fully loosened dampers, it should oscillate a little more than 3 times - see VKB JoyTester screenshots from my own Gunfighter w/ extension (black graph = X axis, red = Y axis):

VKB North America

badgenes

Postby badgenes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:40

Wow! OK another project for tonight :) I'll look again too but I can't recall any spare parts being in the box. Do you know if they still ship another cam with these?

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:03

You should have received a little baggy that had some additional parts in there, including springs and another set of cams (#30, hard center detent) besides the #10 soft-center cams installed by default (unless you bought your Gunfighter used from someone, and they didn't include all the parts).
VKB North America

badgenes

Postby badgenes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25

No I did not. Here is a link to the item just in case I'm confusing items. If not, then it was purchased through Amazon and sold by x-plane.org. If this comes with every Gunfighter MkII I'll write them immediately.

badgenes

Postby badgenes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:26

OMFG. I am such an airhead....too busy with work is my excuse. I purchased a Gladiator Mk II....I'm embarassed to say the least.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10

Ah, totally different animal then. Anything Gunfighter related doesn't apply then. :)
VKB North America

badgenes

Postby badgenes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:01

Wow now that was beyond gentle. thx anyways for the info!

:idea:

Return to “Technical Support”