Virtual Toe Brakes

Moderator: AdminGroup

monsoon

Virtual Toe Brakes

Postby monsoon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 23:17

I just purchased a brand new set of T-Rudders from x-plane.org and the build quality and feel are fantastic. However it seems that none of the methods I have found work in getting the virtual toe brakes to function.

I have tried the T-Link software. It correctly registers my joystick button and shows the rudder input but it does not activate the virtual axis when the button is pressed.

I then went over to VKB Device Config but any setting I change then press SET results in the pedals led on the blackblox to blink red after a restart and the pedals no longer send input. To restore rudder functionality I have to hit restore the DEFAULT config to the blackbox. Just as a test I have changed a single setting --> SET --> red light blinks --> changed setting back to where it was originally --> SET --> pedals led is still blinking. I have no idea what the hell is going on at this point or why I can't change any settings in VKB Device Config.

1. T-Rudder MKIV + VKBsim Black Box
2. v1.936
3. default for T rudders are
4. default for T rudders
5. VKB Device Config 0.90.19, T-Link v.0.72
6. nothing to show
7. nothing to show

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

joeyjojojunior

Re: Virtual Toe Brakes

Postby joeyjojojunior » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:52

I had to load a configuration profile to get mine working. Download this file:

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/BlackBox/BB_v1_81_6.zip

You want to load the file in Profiles/T-Link called BB_T-Link_v1_81_6.cfg. You can do this by hitting the Aux panel in the T-Link software, which will show the Load/Save buttons. After that it should work.

monsoon

Postby monsoon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:54

joeyjojojunior wrote:I had to load a configuration profile to get mine working. Download this file:

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/BlackBox/BB_v1_81_6.zip

You want to load the file in Profiles/T-Link called BB_T-Link_v1_81_6.cfg. You can do this by hitting the Aux panel in the T-Link software, which will show the Load/Save buttons. After that it should work.

is this downgrading the firmware of the BB from 1.936 --> 1.861 though?

joeyjojojunior

Postby joeyjojojunior » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:18

No, the firmware is a separate .vkb file. I used that profile and my black box still show as 1.96 in VKBDevCfg. AFAIK the only way to update the firmware is with the ZBootloader application.

Return to “Technical Support”