Can Virtual Axes Scales be changed with VKB Software?

Moderator: AdminGroup

grinder

Re: Can Virtual Axes Scales be changed with VKB Software?

Postby grinder » Mon Apr 06, 2020 13:30

Thanks Han0 & Victorus,

That helped me a lot. My mistake was that I was using FA2 in the FA Type setting. I didn't even notice the DR. :? This has helped my understanding. Also thanks for the tip on the DR time, I don't fly helicopters and assumed I would be switching when straight & level. But even a little input could become a lot. I couldn't get it to work on the folding trigger so I assigned the DR button to another and it worked perfectly. Maybe there is something special with the folding trigger working as Safe/Arm which I have enabled.

I just need to train my brain to switch 1:2 when refuelling etc.

Thanks

Matt

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:30

My X and Y axis require too much input to achieve 100%. How do I shorten the axis throw?
I've tried moving the sliders up on the response curve but don't feel any effect in game.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:49

Check the Eq boxes for both X and Y axes in Profile/ Axes/ Physical axes panel. Modify the curves in rows 1 and 2 in Profile/ Axes/ Response curve panel. Hit Set at the end to save changes.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:16

I don't have an EQ box on the Response Curve panel.
I checked the EQ boxes on the Physical Axes panel and tried it in flight and it's not what I was looking for. Seemed to move in the opposite direction from what I wanted

hon0

Postby hon0 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:23

gordon220 wrote:My X and Y axis require too much input to achieve 100%. How do I shorten the axis throw?
I've tried moving the sliders up on the response curve but don't feel any effect in game.

To do that, you can increase high deadzone (Dz Hi) and/or modify the response curve so that you reach 100% virtual before reaching 100% physical (same effect as Dz Hi, but you can go further than Dz Hi which max at 25% IIRC). I don't have access to the software atm so can't take any screenshot sorry.
Last edited by hon0 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:25, edited 1 time in total.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30

Thanks but didn't work.
Last edited by gordon220 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:46, edited 1 time in total.

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:35

Please explain the adjustment with Dz Hi. Where should the sliders need be set when adjusting with Dz Hi?
I've increased the values of x and y axes to 2.0 and see no difference in results. After making the adjustment I Calibrate and Set and the app tells me "No new data". I launch the game and the plane still drives like a dump truck. Not a good attribute for a fighter. I have set Dz Hi for Y axis to everything from 5.0 to 0.5 and there is no difference.
I've tried getting this info from the manual but all it tells me is that it is possible to adjust settings with sliders. No indication of what they do or which direction to go for a given result.
How do I reduce the throw by half? It was that way for me out of the box and I've never needed to adjust it until my buttons started having a mind of their own last week - seems like a month ago now. The Y axis throw is 200mm. How do I adjust it to fell like 100mm or 150mm?
Again, I apologize for being such a pain.

hon0

Postby hon0 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:46

gordon220 wrote:Please explain the adjustment with Dz Hi. Where should the sliders need be set when adjusting with Dz Hi?
I've increased the values of x and y axes to 2.0 and see no difference in results. After making the adjustment I Calibrate and Set and the app tells me "No new data". I launch the game and the plane still drives like a dump truck. Not a good attribute for a fighter. I have set Dz Hi for Y axis to everything from 5.0 to 0.5 and there is no difference.
I've tried getting this info from the manual but all it tells me is that it is possible to adjust settings with sliders. No indication of what they do or which direction to go for a given result.
How do I reduce the throw by half? It was that way for me out of the box and I've never needed to adjust it until my buttons started having a mind of their own last week - seems like a month ago now. The Y axis throw is 200mm. How do I adjust it to fell like 100mm or 150mm?
Again, I apologize for being such a pain.

Just got my new VKB stick so I can finally mess with the software again. Here you go. The Max Dz Hi setting is 25. but that isn't enough to do what you want. Here is how to set a curve so that at half physical deflection you are already at maximum virtual output.

In the Physical Axes panel you also have to tick the Eq box so that the custom curve is applied by default.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Return to “Technical Support”