T-Rudder MkIV tension change help needed

Moderator: AdminGroup

LeLv30_Superbus

T-Rudder MkIV tension change help needed

Postby LeLv30_Superbus » Fri Jul 19, 2019 15:50

Hi,

I need some tips with putting back the spring to my rudder. I switched the long screw to the hole "High Force" next to the "normal" one but I have great difficulty putting the spring back in place now. I can stretch the spring with pliers but I can't quite push it to its place, because there is so little space inside the casing. I tried doing it from both ends of the spring and the cam end seems a little easier. What kind of a tool do you use for this when you assemble these?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Hold on - I just realised it's probably possible to disassemble the casing quite easily and get THIS part out:

Edit2: OK I was able to remove it and it was EASY. Now switching the tension should be child's play, so problem solved. I'm leaving this here for everyone else to discover.

I have to admire the design of VKB T-Rudder. I was going to make my own from scratch (I'm a cockpit-builder) but I realised my own would probably cost more and be much too big.

ddrake1984

Re: T-Rudder MkIV tension change help needed

Postby ddrake1984 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:28

The T-Rudder is pure elegance

SwanBlack

Re: T-Rudder MkIV tension change help needed

Postby SwanBlack » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:31

So you were able to adjust the force without having to adjust the tension to the cam????

Return to “Technical Support”