How to Convert POV1 to Elevator and Aileron Trim Function?

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: How to Convert POV1 to Elevator and Aileron Trim Function?

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:11

Download this package: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... 1_96_F.zip. Flash your BB with this file: _BlackBox_GF_KG_v1_96_F.vkb.
Here's a guide to get properly flashed and calibrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ht8yMsdlCQ.

As I mentioned, I don't have that grip and can't guess what connections are made. That's why I was asking for those screenshots. But let's leave this conversation for after re-flashing, might not be needed.

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:00

I had done everything by the video twice before coming to the forum for help.
Still no joy. Can not get the pinkie button to act as shift and allow programming for secondary use of other buttons. I thought that was the default setting for the pinkie.
I'm at the point of trashing the vkb firmware and going with joytokey.
The good news is that button #5 is now active for some reason.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:17

1. Set the pinkie button as a SubShift as in picture. Make it both Alternate and track as button.
2. Set the rest of the buttons on the grip (top buton, trigger and hat) as ButtonS as in picture 2. The input #1 is the original button and input #2 is the new input when pinkie is pressed. Make sure you set up input #2 in an unallocated (unique) position.
3. Press Set when done.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:58

We may be getting closer. Please bare with me on this.
When I made the changes you suggested my Button Wizard is different. It has check boxes for the original and alternate positions.
I went ahead and designated the alternate button lines as active buttons. Do I need to backward link them somehow?
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 13:13

Sorry to be a pain and I realize you've gone to bed, but . . .

I corrected the settings to ButtonS (I thought you wrote Buttons) and designated alternate position per your instructions and screenshot.
I've been getting very weird results from key mapping so looked in the Device Report which says my test buttons are on and they are intended for test purposes only. Goes on to say key mapping is switched off.
I've tried all settings on the keyboard" Off, Classic, and Modified. They have no effect.
How do I switch key mapping on?

hon0

Postby hon0 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 17:15

Is your "Map" tick box ticked in Global>Common>Basic parameters?

VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 18:48

I have no idea what changes you've made so far, but it doesn't seem to work so I suggest to hit that Default button to start fresh. After you've reset to default go this screen: Profile/ Buttons/ Physical layer, as in screenshot.
Post yours too please and we'll go from there.
Attachments
1.JPG

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 0:16

The only changes I've made have been at the direction of someone in this forum.
Yes, the Map box is checked but the other boxes do not match what your screen shot show and the various times are different as you can see.
With each attempt I have first pressed Default button before proceeding as instructed. After making changes I press Set to save.
There are only 7 buttons on the joystick and I am trying to get the pinkie to act as a shift for the other six.
One person here told me to follow the printed instructions on a download quick guide and the video. When I said I was having trouble getting the black box to flash he asked why I needed to flash it when it was done prior to leaving the factory. I flashed the black box because both the quick guide and the video told me to.
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (3).png
Last edited by gordon220 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:28, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:09

First thing now it to get into that screen as in first photo you posted and mark the box for the Poll. Now press the pinkie button on your joystick - a red light should flash on one of the buttons on the screen. Press on that button, a new dialog box will show up (Button mapping wizard) - here set up that button as SubShift button as shown in my example (don't worry about the button numbers being different in my photos - I told you I have a different device). In the same dialog box set the SubShift as Alternate and mark the Track as button box. Close the dialog box.
Now press on all the OTHER 6 buttons from the first row on your screen, one by one, making the same settings: press on button to open dialog box, set button as ButtonS. The button #2 in the dialog box (which is 38 in my example) it has to be different for each one of your 6 buttons: begin with 9 for the first button to finish with number 14 for the 6th button.
Just make more clear: let's say your pinkie button is button #7 on your screen. The other buttons are from 1 to 6. The second button that you would allocate to button 1 would be button 9, button 2 - button 10, button 3 - button 11, button 4 - button 12, button 5 - button 13, button 6 - button 14. This would allocate an unique number to each button on your controller so they would be recognized in game. So the game would recognize buttons 1 to 6 and also 9 to 14 when the pinkie is pressed.

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:49

I followed your instructions to the letter and still it will not work.
I assigned the Pinkie as #3 Subshift and the others (1,2 and 4-6) as ButtonS with an unassigned button. Closed the Button Wizard and clicked Set.
Now when I press the pinkie #7 lights up and the other buttons are lighting up numbers not where assigned but in other spots all over the chart.
Does anyone have a profile that I could load to bypass this frustration?
The axis function work well. Should I use something like joytokey to map the grip?
Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06

gordon220 wrote:Does anyone have a profile that I could load to bypass this frustration?

I noticed Ron61 made a cfg file for you in the other thread: download/file.php?id=7367
You could download the file and load it in your device (DO NOT flash it). The Load button is in the control bar, just beside the Set button.

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:14

That's the config file that disabled all the buttons and cut off communication to the base. I think I'll pass on your suggestion.

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:42

fallout9 wrote:
gordon220 wrote:Does anyone have a profile that I could load to bypass this frustration?

I noticed Ron61 made a cfg file for you in the other thread: download/file.php?id=7367
You could download the file and load it in your device (DO NOT flash it). The Load button is in the control bar, just beside the Set button.

I calmed down a moment and thought I was being arrogant in refusing your suggestion.
So I downloaded the config file again to give it a try.
As before, now my base and grip (external devices) are out of communication and nothing registers in the config tests. The Device Report still has a notice that my buttons are set to test and that I should turn mapping on.
After trying for a year to get one of these I am now about to box it up and send it back. What a disappointment. I now own a $1,000 Monstertech sim rig and will have to sit in it with a desktop joystick on my lap until Virpil releases something that works.
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Last edited by gordon220 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:54

gordon220 wrote:As before, now my base and grip (external devices) are out of communication and nothing registers in the config tests. The Device Report still has a notice that my buttons are set to test and that I should turn mapping on.

Let's give it another try then. Reset your device (re-flash it if necessary) or do whatever you did before to get your device online. Go into Settings and mark the Partial Write option. Now try to load again Ron's file. If the Partial Write has been enabled you should get a new dialog box. Mark ONLY the Buttons box and hit Set.

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:05

Still no button response.

Won't flash because device appears disconnected.
Attachments
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (7).png

Return to “Technical Support”