How to access Tempo within a Shift modifier?

Moderator: AdminGroup

halz

How to access Tempo within a Shift modifier?

Postby halz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 15:22

Code: Select all

1 - MCG Pro
2 - v1.95B
3 - #10
4 - Factory
5 - VKB Device Config v0.90.25 and/or v0.90.19
6 - NA
7 - attached

I would like to be able to better access the Tempo function within a Shift 0/Shift 1/Shift 2 modifier sequence. For example, as shown in the screenshots, Shift 1 + Physical Line 3/Reg #3 + Tempo Short Press = Logical button #119 (Key_Z), and Tempo long press = Logical button #120 (Key_Q), and "non-Shift" Line 3/Reg #3 = Logical button #19 (Key_A)

I understand that Tempo and Shift can only be accessed at the Physical layer, so I have attempted to use the Boolean JMP method to bridge Logical and Physical. This works in the screenshot example, but I feel like there could be a better way to do this, since I would quickly run out of space if I tried to use this technique for multiple buttons. In my example, four physical layer objects *and* 4 logical layer objects are used to only present 3 logical keyboard presses. This feels like too much wasted space.

What other techniques are available to access multiple logical buttons within one physical button? I tried to use the technique here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3048&p=29975 but was unable to recreate it with the addition of Tempo (since ButtonX operates the Logical layer).
Attachments
test.PNG
phys.PNG
logical.PNG

halz

Re: How to access Tempo within a Shift modifier?

Postby halz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:24

I have ended up using Joystick Gremlin to provide this "Shift" nested Tempo functionality. I do like the Boolean operators in the VKB software, since it gives us this flexibility to make some crazy/fun solutions, but I also understand there have to be some memory/register limits on what the njoy32 can do on its own.

ddrake1984

Re: How to access Tempo within a Shift modifier?

Postby ddrake1984 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:07

In current set, there is only 1kbyte of parameters and they are all full

We need to wait for NG which will have 4kbyte

Return to “Technical Support”