Postby waffleme » Wed Jun 19, 2019 16:22

Well updated the firmware and now the sys LED is sold red

Prior it was blue
LED stick green Buss green SYS red

is this a bug ?

helios

Re: red sys LED after update firmware

Postby helios » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:16

I have the same issue, check the following link for your information.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3590

waffleme

Postby waffleme » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:33

ran the recommended procedure and still have
A solid Red SYS LED not the flashing red stick LED

any other ideas ?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:21

LEDs are program-configurable.
Sometimes reflashing the FW alters the LED behavior - which does not affect the behavior of the device - but it is easy to reverse the LED status with the help of a VKB configurator.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Drano

Postby Drano » Sat Jun 22, 2019 16:37

I have a question tho. The LEDs they're talking about are on the blackbox. They're not ornamental, they're diagnostic. Why on earth would you change their color? I think this part the discussion needs to be shut down. It's leading people in the wrong direction. If their LEDs aren't showing the right color they're doing something wrong in the flashing process. Period. Only reason. Only OTHER reason you get a flashing red is if you didn't have the grip seated on the stick right. But if you started with the right blue/green colors and it changed, that rules that out. Anyway, the solution isn't to just change their color til it looks right. That would be like unscrewing the MIL on the dash of your car because it annoys you! But the car's diagnostics are trying to tell you something is wrong and needs to be corrected!

Look in the other thread about this. Another guy, fallout9 I think posted a great vid of the whole process of flashing. Posted yesterday. You guys that are having problems should check that out. Seriously.
[edit] seems that got moved to another thread by AG! Find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3680

That and please please please post the screen shots of your tabs of the configurator! That info is really needed to help sort this out.

One of my favorite movie lines. "Help ME ...... Help YOU!"
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:15

You’re simply wrong.

My box flashes red when I do anything with the folding trigger.

Untouched firmware from factory.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:38

Display a screenshot of the Global-External-Leds tab from the configurator. I will not describe how to do that would be displayed this tab.
Use the manual - on the last page this is explained. Yes, and the forum has repeatedly shown.

Drano

Postby Drano » Sun Jun 23, 2019 17:45

McGraw wrote:You’re simply wrong.

My box flashes red when I do anything with the folding trigger.

Untouched firmware from factory.

I'm not wrong about one thing. You have SOMETHING messed up. Looking back at your posts I see you've been dealing with this since March. Since then you simply refuse to cooperate with several people on this forum that have graciously tried to help you. Understand that I'm not employed by VKB. I'm a user like yourself. And... Like yourself, I had my stick a little messed up getting it up and running when I first got it. How did I get straight? By listening to the sage advise of the people on this forum that stepped up to help me. So I thought I'd repay that by stepping up to help other new users as I've seen this cycle play out again and again with each newly released batch of sticks. You're welcome btw.

Now how about take a great big step back and start answering some really easy questions. It's gonna take just a little bit of effort on your part. Post the (now requested several times) screen shots of the configurator so you can get the help you need. Ron61 is the guru here. Help him help you! Have you defaulted and calibrated the stick? Entirely? Including the trigger? What exactly are you trying to do with the trigger? How exactly are you going about doing that? Please describe beyond its broken, just fix it!

This stick system that you've bought. I use the word system for a reason. It's unlike any other stick you may have ever owned. It's got powers and abilities far beyond mortal sticks! To my knowledge there are only 2 manufacturers currently making anything like this and no one has prior to the last few years. Unlike past sticks they aren't a simple plug and play thing. Plug and play with these stops at the PC recognizing the device. There's much to do after that and a very specific sequence that must be followed or things go wrong.

My apologies if that comes off a bit snippy. Just trying to shine the light in your eyes. If you can start communicating I promise you will get the help you need. It'll happen. If not as far as for me I'm out and wish you the best of luck.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Sun Jun 23, 2019 23:58

Please read this carefully... there is no need for photos/screenshots and I am always on the forum on my iPad.

1. My stick works perfectly. The flashing red light is just something I would prefer to be green. I do not need to fix it.
2. When I reset my stick (that has never been reflashed) it is green and no longer flashes red.
3. It has been calibrated.
4. See 1.
5. The green light remains when I add a button to the brake lever.
6. The green light remains when I change both micro sticks between absolute and relative.
7. See 1.
8. As soon as I change ANY option on the folding trigger (Arm, pulse etc.) the option works correctly in game and VKB Config but causes the led to flash red.
9. Even when the led flashes red the stick works perfectly (see 1.)

There is simply no compelling reason for me to spend time getting this sorted and thus I can never be bothered to post shots.

I’ll probably do a YouTube video to prove all this at some point though.

Checking the armed option on the folding trigger is not me doing something wrong.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 0:07

McGraw wrote:8. As soon as I change ANY option on the folding trigger (Arm, pulse etc.) the option works correctly in game and VKB Config but causes the led to flash red.

That folding trigger is an axis and needs to be calibrated. Get into Calibration mode with the trigger in the Armed position and then move it to Safe position and squeeze it all the way. Then calibrate the rest of the axes and hit End Calibr. Then try to program the trigger again.

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Mon Jun 24, 2019 0:10

Thank you but I always include the folding trigger in the calibration process, as per the instructions I’ve seen on these forums.

Flip up, flip down, squeeze then Calibrate the joystick and do exactly the same.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 0:19

So the trigger calibration is included in the calibration process, not before or after, right? Like hit Start Calibr -> squeeze the trigger -> move all the axes around -> hit End Calibr.

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Mon Jun 24, 2019 0:24

I follow this process exactly:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2853

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 0:29

Have you tried what I suggested?

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Mon Jun 24, 2019 0:38

Not on its own (just as part of the normal calibration) but will try that tomorrow.

Thanks

Return to “Technical Support”