more details on box contents and how to attach stick to base

Moderator: AdminGroup

dirty_owl

more details on box contents and how to attach stick to base

Postby dirty_owl » Mon Jun 10, 2019 16:11

I am having significant troubles getting the grip of my SCG attached to my GFII base. It took me awhile to figure out the diagram and also that the two-piece lug is actually two pieces. Now I just can't finagle it in, and I am wondering if there is a more detailed manual for how to get this important step done, because maybe I am doing something wrong. I just cannot get both pieces of the lug to sit in there far enough out so that I can seat the grip properly

Secondly, what actually is all of this stuff in the box? The cams, springs, and main components are understandable but there are a few plastic bits I am curious about.

Thanks

fallout9

Re: more details on box contents and how to attach stick to base

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 20:47

First of all seat your grip on the base. There's a metal pin on the base that has to fit into a small hole at the base of the stick. Make sure the pin gets into the hole all the way so the stick is properly seated.
Second, take the locking mechanism which is a screw and 2 cylinders. Unscrew the cylinder at the end and insert the screw with the other cylinder in the hole at the base of the grip. Pay attention so the cutout at the end of the first cylinder should fit the shaft of the base. Insert the other cylinder on the other side making sure the cutout is facing the metal shaft of the base. Tighten the screw with a hex key. If the locking mechanism is all the way inside the grip after it has been tightened it means it's been properly installed; if the cylinders are still sticking out unscrew and try again to fit the cutouts on the shaft. If the locking mechanism isn't properly installed you might damage the stick when you're twisting it so pay attention at what you're doing.
Those plastic bits are replacement parts but I would wait to get more comfortable with the stick and do a bit more research before trying to replacing them if I were you.

Ron61

Re: more details on box contents and how to attach stick to base

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:09

We discussed it already here, everything is simple there.

Return to “Technical Support”