Aurelius

Updating T-Rudder Pedal Firmware

Postby Aurelius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 0:37

Gunfighter MCG Pro with 1.96D firmware loaded to orange box
T-Rudder Pedals with 1.96D firmware loaded to orange box
I am using two #10 springs on the GF MCG Pro
I am using the #30 cams for both axes
VkbDevCfg-C Version 0.90.19 and NJoy32 firmware 1.96C

I just bought the T-Rudder Mark IV pedals to try out. As I understand it, the firmware is stored in the orange box (why VKB keeps calling it the black box after commercial flight recorders, I have no idea). When I plug my pedals into the orange box (without using the same orange box as my Gunfighter MCG Pro) and connect to my computer, it shows up as VKB-Sim Black Box in Windows 10 devices. I used the VKBDevCfg-C and Z Bootloader programs to flash my orange box with the BlackBox T-Rudder Version 1.96D firmware (or at least I think I did). It is recognized in DCS and other sims and I can use the pedals as my rudder axis. I would like to know the correct way to fully update the firmware on the pedals please.

I then unconnected the T-Rudder pedals and reconnected them to the orange box that has my Gunfighter MCG Pro stick attached to it. That orange box was previously flashed to BlackBox GF MCG Pro Version 1.96 D firmware. When I plug in the T-Rudder pedals, I get green lights in the orange box for pedals, bus and stick but a red light for sys (system). At no place in any VKB literature or setup manuals can I find what the red light on the orange box means. Can someone please tell me what the colors on the orange box represent.

With pedals and stick attached to the same orange box, I open up VKBDevCfg-C to calibrate and see two entries in the upper left. The stick and the black box for the pedals. The Gunfighter stick will calibrate fine but the T-Rudders do not show up as an axis for calibration for either entry.

Since these two items (the Gunfighter MCG Pro and T-Rudder pedals) were specifically designed to be used with one orange box, I assume it something simple that I am missing?

Any clues as to how to update my pedal firmware, calibrate its axis and figure out what the red SYS light on the orange box means, would be greatly appreciated!

Ron61

Re: Updating T-Rudder Pedal Firmware

Postby Ron61 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:19

We connect the pedals to the BlackBox GF and take screenshots of the tabs from the configurator. Looking for Global-External-Leds, Profile-Axes. Perhaps this tab will not. But adding to the file zconfig.ini (will appear in the folder with the configurator after the first launch) lines, as in the picture, they appear.

zconfig1.png

p.s. the choice of orange for the BlackBox was made by analogy with real aircraft. And for someone who is in childhood (youth) age, perhaps this will no longer be such a big discovery when he touches real, big aviation.

Return to “Technical Support”