Stick LED Blinking Red After SET

Moderator: AdminGroup

Drano

Re: Stick LED Blinking Red After SET

Postby Drano » Wed Jun 12, 2019 18:43

Helios a couple of things. FYI, the LEDs on my BB are stick=steady green, sys=steady blue. I've been flashing the beta firmwares and softwares for probably over a year now almost entirely without issue. I have the same Gunfighter and MCG-Pro that you have. That said I really don't think it's the stick or the software, clearly you're missing something. I'd add that until you get your stick at a known working base profile it's probably best to stay away from tweaking the LEDs.

Now. It sounds like something is incompatible. I noticed something in your first screen shot that may have something to do with it. Something Ron61 put me onto when I had some odd problem after updating my stick. In VKBDevconfig, look at the top. There's a line of blue type that has the version number and a firmware number(I think it's in parenthesis). That firmware number represents the highest firmware version THAT version of VKBDevconfig is known to work with. In your screen shot the version shown that your stick is flashed to is one version number higher. This alone can cause odd crap.

When updating stuff I always do VKBDevconfig first and then look at that firmware number at the top and always make sure if I'm flashing the firmware on the stick that I'm always using that number or below, never above. So there's that.

When flashing be sure you're using Zbootloader v1. 15. The earlier version is incompatible with the more recent versions of the firmware. By recent I don't mean the last few weeks, it's been many many months. Also be sure and start the flashing process from within VKBDevconfig. Click on the bootloader button. If you try to just run bootloader on its own without doing that you're gonna get an error like stick not ready.

Now you have to be sure to follow every step I laid out for you further up this thread. You HAVE TO DO THIS EVERY TIME. I know it's a pain but it's necessary. Simply flashing with Zbootloader doesn't cut it. You have to go thru the process. That includes calibrating everything again. Every time. Then and only then it's your stick ready for any programming. If you're not calibrating completely--including the dual stage trigger, you're gonna have problems trying to program it as it's an axis, not just a couple of buttons.

About profiles. I've noticed that going from one firmware to another sometimes things don't match up. I've had problems with the curves not responding but never LEDs that I recall. Good idea once you've flashed to something new, all the axii and buttons are working and have the green and blue LEDs right is to save that base profile with the FW version in the name before doing anything else. That way you can just go back to that if your programming goes wrong and start over without re-flashing. Once you're programmed the way you like save another profile that you hopefully can just apply after the next flash. Most times it's gonna work but sometimes not and you might have to re program some things. No worry, just save another.

Hope this helps.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

helios

Postby helios » Wed Jun 12, 2019 19:33

Hi Drano,

Thank you very much for your information indeed, I will study it and have another try sometime later, but I will stick with the stable version that I have and practice my F-14 carrier landing for a while and try again for some later versions as I'm so tired of the LED issues. :(

In fact, I'm waiting to buy the throttle control from VKB when released, but a bit hesitate now.

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35

fallout9 wrote:Helios and McGraw - try this:
Get back to whatever firmware or settings would have your LEDs working fine. Save that profile. Now update the firmware or do whatever changes you want and hit Set. If the LEDs are wrong again then hit Load to load your saved configuration, hit Clear All button in the next window and mark ONLY the LED Events box. Hit OK. Any change?
Note that you'll have to mark the Partial Write box in the Settings tab to get the option to load only the LEDs.

My firmware remains unchanged out of the box and has always flashed red as soon as the trigger was programmed. I am on firmware that shipped in March. 1.96 I think

Drano

Postby Drano » Fri Jun 14, 2019 18:27

I noticed you guys haven't posted all the screens that Ron61 asked you for. This would be a huge help for those trying to help you sort this out.

It seems from what you're saying is that the "problem" crops up on "programming the trigger correctly". I'm guessing you're not. I'm interested to know EXACTLY what you're trying to program the trigger to do and EXACTLY how you're going about it. Something ain't right here. As I've said, I have the same setup and am using the betas. I've updated again and again and have never had this issue so I really don't think there's a problem with your stick, firmware or software.

I'd also steer you away from just simply making arbitrary changes to the LED colors. There's a reason they're the colors they are and they're diagnostic in nature. Change the color and it makes it hard to pin down what's happening.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:36

I guess this is why Ron61 is not replying (yet).

The sooner you guys offer ALL requested information (and a half), the sooner the help comes.
It works another way around, too: if you withhold the information the support engineer will turn to other requests, and yours will remain on hold.
Please be cooperative.
We are willing to help but we need full input.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Mon Jun 17, 2019 23:56

Drano wrote:I noticed you guys haven't posted all the screens that Ron61 asked you for. This would be a huge help for those trying to help you sort this out.

It seems from what you're saying is that the "problem" crops up on "programming the trigger correctly". I'm guessing you're not. I'm interested to know EXACTLY what you're trying to program the trigger to do and EXACTLY how you're going about it. Something ain't right here. As I've said, I have the same setup and am using the betas. I've updated again and again and have never had this issue so I really don't think there's a problem with your stick, firmware or software.

I'd also steer you away from just simply making arbitrary changes to the LED colors. There's a reason they're the colors they are and they're diagnostic in nature. Change the color and it makes it hard to pin down what's happening.

I can’t use my PC right now. I simply tick the buttons that makes the folding trigger function properly.

Trigger up = button press. Trigger down = button press. Pull trigger = button press"

Works exactly as I want it to and I’ve read the manual and seen a post on here showing how to do it.

There is no problem at all other than my BB flashes red and I’d rather it didn’t.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 15:58

I also have this problem! Actually, it all works out fine! But i still have this red flashing LED. I even have the problem that i don`t have function for macros and so on, despite the changed zconfig. (Developer) It seems to me to be ignored. What can i do???

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 19:40

If there is no Macro tab, then either there is no specific line or an error in writing this line in zConfig.ini. If you show it, it will become clearer what to do.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 20:25

I don`t know how to post a picture here, so i post a One Drive Link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuIrefFbEoSXh3nS9wfV6vFCM8dM

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 21:13

Everything is right there, I see nothing unusual. We show screenshots from the configurator.
Attachments can be added via the button in the lower left corner.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 21:26

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 21:45

It seems to me that you have an error in the location of the zConfig.ini file and, of course, it does not work. Watch this video and make as well.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 21:54

Unfortunately, i can`t understand that. I`m afraid I can`t speak/read russian :cry:

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 22:12

McGraw

Postby McGraw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 22:53

If I reset my joystick to default it gets a green light.

If I tick ANY option on the folding trigger it then starts blinking red.

I can't select arm.
I can't turn the folding trigger off.
I can't select pulse.

Return to “Technical Support”