It seems Gladiator Pro & Rudders burned my USB ports

Moderator: AdminGroup

WheelwrightPL

It seems Gladiator Pro & Rudders burned my USB ports

Postby WheelwrightPL » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:38

Hello support:
It seems that my Gladiator Pro Mk.2 and VKB Rudders Mk.IV combination burned through 3 of my USB ports on two different computers.
First it stopped working on my old computer. I then bought a new computer where my VKB hardware shortly failed. So I plugged it into another USB port on this new computer where it kept working for several months until I started getting intermittent failures yesterday and today it failed almost entirely (SV-mapper can still see the joystick but it doesn't register any of its buttons any more).
Can I solve the problem by buying a self-powered USB-hub ? Any other help/suggestions ?
Thanks

Ron61

Re: It seems Gladiator Pro & Rudders burned my USB ports

Postby Ron61 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 14:28

You are the first, whose ports "fly out". No wonder, apparently, the joystick has such a formidable name :) . And smashes the evil USB left and right. Straight plot from some action movie. But let's try to figure it out.

Go here and download zip 1.96С and configurator v.90.11 + Zbootloader-C 1.15. Unpack the configurator in the folder and add the ZBootloader-C.exe file and the necessary firmware from the 1.96C archive to it.

You can watch this video. Although it is too old, the principle of the location of the files has not changed.

What kind of firmware is needed depends on the handle itself and the type of joystick mechanics. If you have a KG12 handle and metal mechanics, our firmware is Gladiator_Pro_v1_96_C.vkb.

After the first launch of the configurator, a zconfig.ini file will appear in the folder, in which you need to add lines like in the picture.

After flashing, you need to reset to default with the button in the configurator and calibrate. You should read the manual, maybe you need a version in Russian?

Only after all the described operations will show screenshots of tabs Global, Profile-Axes, Buttons. And then we continue further.

zconfig.png

WheelwrightPL

Re: It seems Gladiator Pro & Rudders burned my USB ports

Postby WheelwrightPL » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:08

Thanks for the guide, but for now I am testing my setup with the new self-powered USB HUB and everything is working again. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Return to “Technical Support”